Brewmaster as TT

Pyrflamme

If you haven't already seen, Brewmaster is on the release schedule for May. I'm interested in picking him up and was hoping to get some general feedback on how people like to use him as well as what they use with him, as TT, as I have not personally played him yet, even with proxies.

He obviously synergizes well with Poison, and wants to get stuff into his "bubble" as I understand it, so that they'll get trapped in the drinking contest. That suggests models with poison and Lure-like effects for starters, as well as anything that profits from stuff being clustered.

-Shinobi - poison appliers, comes in crew box. Disadvantage is you have to take an upgrade to take them in TT.

-Whiskey Golem - Smashing and poison. Again, have to take upgrade to include in TT crew.

-Monk of Fermented River - benefits from poison in both offensive and defensive manners and applies poison. Very solid. Disadvantage - need to proxy for now

-Oiran - Lure and Poison. "Core" Brewmaster crew (which I interpret as Brewmaster + Fingers + Apprentice) has some, but not a lot of competition for Crows. Can take Oiran upgrade for free on something that can carry it.

-Shadowy Emissary - Can boost poison damage and give parts of the Crew fast.  Fast Whiskey Golem seems evil.

-Lust - Can drag things into bubble like an Oiran on steroids and can also give slow, especially likely with the Brewmaster handing out -Wp debuff. Can also benefit from Shadowy Emissary if you add the Oiran or Smoke Grenades upgrade.

-Guild Pathfinder - blast on weapon and traps that hand out slow duels on activation in an AOE love clustering enemy models.

How do you play him? What do you like to take? I'll probably be trying him out with any of the above excepting Fermented River since those aren't out yet (have proxies for Shadowy and Lust, but they're from another game system I play).

Just want to point out that Lust and the emmisary aren't currently official. They may well change form the beta test to publication, so don't rely on them doding what hey do now.

And to keep the thred on Topic, Performers. Sirens call does great stuff here, Brings models in. Potentially paralyses, and can turn Poison condition into damage.

I know Lust and Emissary aren't currently "official", but the last ~2 beta updates didn't see any extensive mechanical changes to either, so barring anything grossly broken coming up in Wyrd's internal work, I think they're likely to come out in much the same state as they are in the 3/10 update. In any event, my local group seems ok with me using them as is in friendly games, and if they change drastically at release, well, I'll adapt.

@Praetor: I looked at the last page or two and didn't seem anything really focusing on Brewmaster as a whole - just stuff like Brewmaster + Sensei, so I thought I'd be clear to make a new topic. Necroing especially old topics doesn't seem wise as discussion in them may be very outdated.

I like the Yin and Performer suggestions. Sad that Performer isn't out yet in plastic, but I definitely like the idea of Collette as well so that's more incentive to get one.

@Praetor: I looked at the last page or two and didn't seem anything really focusing on Brewmaster as a whole - just stuff like Brewmaster + Sensei, so I thought I'd be clear to make a new topic. Necroing especially old topics doesn't seem wise as discussion in them may be very outdated.

Well, I have been lurking for so long that I've seen this thread popping up several times before. Might be a long time ago. (I felt old saying that.) No real problems with it. 

To a degree, I feel trying to do the Open Bar is a bit of a trap, right now, when I put the master on the table, is accompanied with heavy hitters that can capitalize on all the - flips I'll be distributing every turn.

This, is actually an amusing idea. I like this take on Brewmaster. I might steal it.

Taking Mr. Tannen, Komainu and Chiaki might make for a nasty Wp debuff crew. 

We are also missing the proud Dawn Serpent from the list. His fangs are poisonous. And he is a very cool sculpt.

• Like 1

Well, I have been lurking for so long that I've seen this thread popping up several times before. Might be a long time ago. (I felt old saying that.) No real problems with it. 

This, is actually an amusing idea. I like this take on Brewmaster. I might steal it.

Taking Mr. Tannen, Komainu and Chiaki might make for a nasty Wp debuff crew. 

We are also missing the proud Dawn Serpent from the list. His fangs are poisonous. And he is a very cool sculpt.

Interesting on the idea of beaters, especially Komainu. If one took Shadowy Emissary, Komainu would also synergize somewhat with Shinobi and Fermented River - poison your enemies with non-Shinobi/Fermented River, tag them with Komainu to give them burning, then take advantage of the Df debuff from burning to hit them with your monks. Very order of activation dependent and requires you to give up the Poison damage buff, but I like how it sounds.

And the Dawn Serpent...gets even better when you consider that it'll have at least Brewmaster in addition to itself with Ca actions, and can also hand out Burning in addition to Poison. Very nice.