Proxies for the drowned in a kirai crew.

Alpha-00

While I personally hate using Proxies, i don't mind my opponents using them. I have a Bushido mini subbing in for Shenlong right now actually. (it's the dude with the water spinning around him)

Anyway, as long as the mini is a decent representation for the piece it's pretending to be, i don't care. I have issues with things like Canine remains being Datsuba, or something like that. But this actually sounds cool and thematic.

The other big thing for me is consistency. if you get this guy and he is always your proxy for the drowned, then cool. but if he's drowned this week, punk zombie next time, and after that he's the hanged, and so on, then it starts to get a little confusing. Especially in Resurrectionists where you're going to be summoning things.

Remember though, just having the bushido model wont be enough to use it at some official tournaments and such. I believe the rule is it has to be 2/3 Wyrd product, or something to that effect.

I've got virtually everything for resser except gaki and the drowned. I always make sure that whatever I convert represents in someway to what it should be.

If I do the sumo guys as drowned then they will always be the drowned. I have everything else I need. I got jakuuna from America that came today and I love keeping with the Japanese undead and I think it will be fun.

Il use jewellers chains and find some anchors so you can't miss that they are drowned. The bodies will have so liquid clear water affect on to jake them wet also...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to suggest you find, however likely, a creature from Japanese folklore that would prowl swamps and marshes (I think) looking for prey.  It looked like Gollum from LotR and had the top half of it's head filled with water; you either had to placate it with food or force the swamp water out of it's head to yield.  The creature's name eludes me so I'll try to find it online.

/update: It's called a Kappa and I read about it in Usagi Yojimbo.

I'm going to suggest you find, however likely, a creature from Japanese folklore that would prowl swamps and marshes (I think) looking for prey.  It looked like Gollum from LotR and had the top half of it's head filled with water; you either had to placate it with food or force the swamp water out of it's head to yield.  The creature's name eludes me so I'll try to find it online.

/update: It's called a Kappa and I read about it in Usagi Yojimbo.

Zenit Miniatures makes nice Kappas but they might be a bit extreme as a proxy, really:

http://shop.zenitminiatures.es/product.php?id_product=234

• Like 1