Dreamer: Surviving Sonnia?

Bodiless

Damage is flipped before you pass it off.

I've seen that said a couple of times now, and I'm confused by it. Safe in My Bed says after the attack action succeeds. Not after damage flips, and the attack action is distinct from damage as far as I know. Why do you go through all of the damage flips before passing the attack to the new target?

I've seen that said a couple of times now, and I'm confused by it. Safe in My Bed says after the attack action succeeds. Not after damage flips, and the attack action is distinct from damage as far as I know. Why do you go through all of the damage flips before passing the attack to the new target?

After succeeding, after failing, and after resolving triggers are all resolved AFTER step five - resolve damage. I don't have the book on me so I can't give you chapter and verse, but I'm pretty sure The Godlyness has the page in their sig.

• Like 1

Don't forget he's HT 1, use terrain where possible and always have at least 2 models to shove damage off and keep you rself some for prevention and a severe to cheat in on that reduction as well if you can.

You can't cheat damage reduction flips though. Or did I misinterpreted what you meant?

After succeeding, after failing, and after resolving triggers are all resolved AFTER step five - resolve damage. I don't have the book on me so I can't give you chapter and verse, but I'm pretty sure The Godlyness has the page in their sig.

Thanks for the reference, I looked it up just now and see it. Step 5 is sort of confusingly named - it is called "Determine Success". I had always sort of assumed that Apply Damage was separate from determining if the action succeeded, and thus I was thinking that the change of target occurred in that gap. But since it is all in Step 5 together, and after succeeding is after Step 5 it is pretty straightforward (if not quite obvious). Thanks again!

• Like 1

Best defense is a good offence. Dreamer crews are super fast just rush some madness or a coppelius into the big hitters and problem is solved. I am both a raspy and dreamer player. Any shooty models get pissed off if you get into combat with them. I also run a teddy with On dreaming wings and start him next to the WW. His walk is then 7 with flight when he is close to the WW. So you walk twice and the do Gobble you up that a potential of 22" inches turn 1. I am sure thats enough to tie up a shooty model. Obviously the idea is not to Jump a single teddy in alone into the opponents crew but the point is the dreamer is fast and most of the fast models have incorporeal so use terrain and engage at the right moment.   

Best defense is a good offence. Dreamer crews are super fast just rush some madness or a coppelius into the big hitters and problem is solved. I am both a raspy and dreamer player. Any shooty models get pissed off if you get into combat with them. I also run a teddy with On dreaming wings and start him next to the WW. His walk is then 7 with flight when he is close to the WW. So you walk twice and the do Gobble you up that a potential of 22" inches turn 1. I am sure thats enough to tie up a shooty model. Obviously the idea is not to Jump a single teddy in alone into the opponents crew but the point is the dreamer is fast and most of the fast models have incorporeal so use terrain and engage at the right moment.   

This.

Has been my most successful tactic in response to blast masters.  My favorite is to send a Killjoy missile in the form of a daydream.  With a bit of planning, positioning, and luck; have been able to alpha strike with him.  Beyond that I tend to use his summoning ability to keep a stream of nightmares flowing while my purchased crew work on other schemes/vp.  Mid-field blocking terrain is excellent for this!