Unboxing Malifaux - M2E Pigapult

GMort

That looks a lot better than I thought it would! Based on the renders I was thinking of not getting it but it looks actually pretty great. The only weak point is the gigantic gashes on the pig which will be a pain to stuff (since the new pigs are smooth) but should be quite doable.

Thank you once again for the great unboxing!

• 4 weeks later...

I buit my catapult and i am bit disapointed by the way in which the model was sculpted. I am talking about the Catapult crewman.

Let me explain: if you have purchased this model and you started trimming off the mould lines, you came across some strangely shaped muscles in the model's arms.

It looks as if the arms have giant leeches attached to the skin rather than smooth mound-like muscles (as they would appear naturally).

It makes me think that the digital sculptor has added the volumes of the muscle to the arm by adding shapes that were not smoothed over the piece.

So far, the worst sculpt i have seen for Malifaux, from the new plastic line.

the pig and the contraption are not that bad, frankly. Some severe gaps in severe need of green stuff, but nothing you couldnt disguise with 5 minutes of spare time and a tiny sausage of Greenstuff.

on a lighter note, just finished building my Nightmare whiskey Golem Root beer translucent. PERFECT! A Feat of engineering. the pieces stick so well together, it hardly needs glue on some bits. 

Completely enjoyable, cant wait to start painting it.