Painting Pink Dreamer

D_acolyte

I would suggest Liquitex Black Gesso myself then.  I use it as a sort of paint on primer when I don't want to use a spray primer.  You don't have to put it on very thin as when it dries it has shrinkage.  So often after it is done drying I will see a few spots I have to hit again to cover it all.  With a bit of practice it is not hard to use.  That way you can apply the undercoat to the spots you want and paint from there while leaving the other spots you want bubblegum pink.

Paint on primer is hard to find, honestly. GeeDubs is crap (okay on plastic but not on anything else, on metal is a wasted effort).

Vallejo brush on is good - I use that mostly - comes in a huge bottle or a little one. I'm too scared to try paint products that aren't miniature specific ;)

I brush on primer and brush on varnish - gloss for pretty shinies or goopy wet stuff, satin for metals and matte for everything else... give that a try too while you're at it.

I only get like 3 days a year to spray primer and those days are reserved for gameboards and scenery.

If you are going to paint them I'd suggest brush on primer - painting straight onto plastic sucks - on the other hand metallic paints are tough and stick well though.