Taking the Devil's Deal

admiralvorkraft

To be honest with Hidden Sniper I have never used the trigger to drop a scheme marker as I rarely have trouble dropping them where I want anyway with him.  

I find it nice sometimes to drop a marker and then have 2-4 hounds walk+charge for 1 ap from 15/16" away and/or behind a house. Situational but can be nice. Can also be nice if you want to shoot a bunch of enemies without randomizing and have a performer to do her  :-fate  :-fate from the marker.

In order to contribute something useful, the mere threat of Hidden Sniper once prevented me from dropping Scheme Markers properly the way I wanted to. Which was horrible. You don't need to use it when the mere threat of it can mess up your opponent's game.

Hells yeah to that. I absolutely love it for scheme heavy games since enemy scheme runners can't end their activation near a scheme marker without drawing a massive bulls-eye on themselves.

Plus it doesn't really feel like playing Lucius if you can have people shot from somewhere off-camera.   :)

I find it nice sometimes to drop a marker and then have 2-4 hounds walk+charge for 1 ap from 15/16" away and/or behind a house. Situational but can be nice. Can also be nice if you want to shoot a bunch of enemies without randomizing and have a performer to do her  :-fate  :-fate from the marker.

All very good uses for it to be honest, but I would seriously run the numbers before trying it.  With a Sh6 and being limited by your highest Mask/Ram with no way to take a second shot with the (0) action It would all be running the odds, is that 10 of Mask enough they cannot throw down a 12 or 13 to stop it, thus worth your SS and card.  Also against any SS uses they might be able to use a SS and prevent the damage thus stop the trigger as it is after damaging.

Still those are good uses if you feel safe *like have a 12 or 13 of Ram or Mask in hand*.  To sort of one up this combo set, you can always use the sniper to drop the marker then use your Issue orders or his Commanding Presense on the Guild Hounds or Performer their 1 AP actions so that you don't have to worry about the model moving away from the marker.  The best combos are those that your opponent has no way of interrupting generally.