Help with Pere Ravage

Druso

Hi! Im a newbie gremlin player (i used to play with Outcast) and i have a problem with Pere. I love the model and i love fluff but i cant play him well. I have Sommer,Ophelia and Zoraida crew boxes and more gremlins too. The problem is, what is the perfect master to use him? and how?

I think that maybe with Zoraida can be really good since is cheaper than Papa Loco.I play him in Ophelia crew but i dont need more damage having Franc, Rami and Raph so I prefer running Lenny/Burt/Trixibelle. I dont have Wong crew but maybe a "BOOM!!" crew would be nice.

Any advice wlll be grateful :)

Well damage is his thing, so if you feel you're getting enough elsewhere, you might not get the most out of him.

That said, I like him in Wong crews, make him Glowy to make the most of his damage. Zoraida and Brewy are good for getting him into position with Obey and to a lesser extent Ophelia with her movement tricks (or just Pigapult him into position.). Other models he likes are Burt (or the Lovely Assistant) for Crackerjack Timing for clumping up targets, Trixiebelle for cheating initiative (out activate opponent, move Pere last into position, get initiative and explode before your opponent can do anything to stop you.) and Sammy for holding the Oooh Glowy upgrade if you've taken him in a Wong crew

Deploy Lenny, Ophelia, and Ravage next to each other. Draw a tome or two. Have Lenny throw Ophelia and Ravage 10'' forward, have Ophelia walk up and jug rocket Ravage ~10 more inches forward. Activate Ravage. Laugh.

Once used that trick to take the other guys crew down to two models on turn 1.

Although it sounds funny, it also gives your opponent at least two turns to prepare for the "impact".

Doesn't seem too hard for many lists to take Pere down in this scenario tbh. Or at least spread out more, so it won't be that lethal. Or simply kill him in melee and take the small blast damage before he can activate.

As stated, sounds really funny against a unprepared opponent, but I doubt it will work that great against someone who knows what your models are doing :)

Although it sounds funny, it also gives your opponent at least two turns to prepare for the "impact".

Doesn't seem too hard for many lists to take Pere down in this scenario tbh. Or at least spread out more, so it won't be that lethal. Or simply kill him in melee and take the small blast damage before he can activate.

As stated, sounds really funny against a unprepared opponent, but I doubt it will work that great against someone who knows what your models are doing :)

Well, two be fair, three Young LaCroix and a couple of Bayou Gremlins go a long way towards outactivating an opponent and since Pere can move something like 24" before unleashing his attack, that is a very large threat bubble. And yeah, it likely won't kill a majority of a given opponent's crew twice in a row but its threat will hamper his positioning, which is a huge advantage on top of Ophelia's own huge thread that has a similar impact but in a very different way (she loves killing isolated targets).

Not saying that it is crazy powerful or anything but it is a handy trick to keep in mind.

• Like 1