Too Powerful? Valedictorian and Molly.

chris_havoc

I was hoping to try this last night, but had to cancel the game. Anyway:-

Strongarm Suit takes the new Resser generic upgrade. Necrotic Machine gives the Strongarm Suit Black Blood for the rest of the game. Strongarm Suit uses its (0) Action so that enemy models hitting it with a Ml attack take 1 Dg. 3 Dg every time you hit the guy, and that is 3 x 1 Dg, so Armor won't help and soulstoning to prevent will be very costly.

Stick a Crooligan within 4" with Blistering Fog up to boost the Black Blood damage by +1 and your enemies are taking 4 Dg every time they hit him :)

Strongarm Suit takes the new Resser generic upgrade. Necrotic Machine gives the Strongarm Suit Black Blood for the rest of the game. Strongarm Suit uses its (0) Action so that enemy models hitting it with a Ml attack take 1 Dg. 3 Dg every time you hit the guy, and that is 3 x 1 Dg, so Armor won't help and soulstoning to prevent will be very costly.

Stick a Crooligan within 4" with Blistering Fog up to boost the Black Blood damage by +1 and your enemies are taking 4 Dg every time they hit him :)

Ouch.. That sounds really nasty. :D

This does indeed sound really nasty but it's easily countered. If I saw you trying to pull this sort of trick against me I'd just shoot you to death or use spells without the  :ranged. Failing that I just wouldn't attack you in melee. Still if anybody was mad enough to attack the SAS they would certainly feel the hurt! 

It would hopefully create an "oh, crap" moment for the other player, but they would work out a way around it. The fun thing is they probably won't see it coming the first time, since it needs setting up on the table with Black Blood and his (0) action every Turn. If you can get him in melee it would be a lot of fun, especially since you cannot keep the SAS in a melee he wants to leave, so all your other models are still under threat. It would be worth it just to watch 4 wound models hit him and die :-)

Indeed! It's an interesting trick I'd not spotted before, unfortunately due to my disdain for Ressers except the almighty team Nico and on occasion McMourning I'll never be able to field such a trick. I also don't fancy getting my local Molly player in on this one... he's already pretty good at kicking my ass with her. *grumble grumble stupid Molly...*

Sholto you do know how to spot a good combo! Of course this works without a SAS, but you'll only get 3 dmg max per hit, but that is a nasty bit of free retribution should someone target Valedictorian/RN/Sybelle. The fact the Necrotic Preparation doesn't take up an upgrade slot means its particularly juicy in any Molly crew! 

• 3 weeks later...