Wyrd and QC

Lol. If you just look at the head and shoulders they look fine. Soon as you look down though...

Well, guess we know which one has nine wounds.

True that!

How a person can build them and not note the scale problems kinda blows my mind, though. And I don't mean this as any sort of a slight against Godlyness, just that it shows extremely acutely how different we minis enthusiasts really are.

• Like 2

A disclaimer: I'm not speaking of myself. I haven't handled the Skeeters, I replaced them with metal models from a different manufacturer because I don't like their size for a 30mm base mini. I also have gamed a lot longer than a decade.

If you don't mind me asking what are you using for the skeeter replacements? I'm interested in the somer box except for the skeeters and somer himself. The old alt metal somer I like the look of more than the current plastic so that's sorted but some decent skeeters would be nice. Was thinking about the reaper bones oxidation beast but always interested in other ideas.

I think that's a bit of an unfair generalisation math - I often don't really care if two models are in scale with each other, and I'm pretty sure I class as a miniature enthusiast! The reason being, as a pure painter, he only has to be in scale with himself. No one else will be standing near him.

Conversely, gamers are sometimes very concerned by scale, as it throws their immersion off to have models they don't feel are in matching scales on the same crew.

Some see scale problems, some see natural size differences between people, some don't care either way. If seems to be dependant on the person, rather than the side of the hobby they prioritise. Saying that there's no way a miniature enthusiast could not see it is a bit of an assumption, to my mind.

From those photos, the kneeling weapon body doesn't look to be bigger than one of the others, which makes it seem like a big guy not a zoom scale. But that's me going from the photos, so I wouldn't want to say I was sure. They aren't the best for establishing relative size (I only make those judgements when I'm holding the real thing).

I think that's a bit of an unfair generalisation math - I often don't really care if two models are in scale with each other, and I'm pretty sure I class as a miniature enthusiast! The reason being, as a pure painter, he only has to be in scale with himself. No one else will be standing near him.

Conversely, gamers are sometimes very concerned by scale, as it throws their immersion off to have models they don't feel are in matching scales on the same crew.

Some see scale problems, some see natural size differences between people, some don't care either way. If seems to be dependant on the person, rather than the side of the hobby they prioritise. Saying that there's no way a miniature enthusiast could not see it is a bit of an assumption, to my mind.

From those photos, the kneeling weapon body doesn't look to be bigger than one of the others, which makes it seem like a big guy not a zoom scale. But that's me going from the photos, so I wouldn't want to say I was sure. They aren't the best for establishing relative size (I only make those judgements when I'm holding the real thing).

I dont think anything Math said implied Godly wasnt a minis enthusiast, he was just commenting on how different two mini enthusiasts can be. 

I for one think the kneeling samurai looks a bit ridiculous but if anyone doesnt notice it (or better, like it) all the more power to you. 

I dont think anything Math said implied Godly wasnt a minis enthusiast, he was just commenting on how different two mini enthusiasts can be. 

I for one think the kneeling samurai looks a bit ridiculous but if anyone doesnt notice it (or better, like it) all the more power to you.

You're entirely right, I misread his post. And for that I apologise to him!

I thought he was referring to those focussed on models, and comparing them to those focussed on the game. He wasn't, and I agree with what he actually wrote now I've read it right! :D

If you don't mind me asking what are you using for the skeeter replacements? I'm interested in the somer box except for the skeeters and somer himself. The old alt metal somer I like the look of more than the current plastic so that's sorted but some decent skeeters would be nice. Was thinking about the reaper bones oxidation beast but always interested in other ideas.

I use Otherworld Stirges. I fully admit that it's partly nostalgia that makes me appreciate them so (D&D brought me to gaming fold 25 or so years ago), but I really feel that they fit the part. And they are never going to break :D

http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/shop/dungeon-monsters/dm9a-stirges-4/

I think that's a bit of an unfair generalisation math - I often don't really care if two models are in scale with each other, and I'm pretty sure I class as a miniature enthusiast!

You misread what I said.

Edit: Ah, and also ninjaed me, to boot :D

When I first looked at the Samurai comparison picture I naturally started looking at their heads and it didn't seem that bad but as I took in more of them and saw the feet I went WTF! Now the difference in scale jump at me every time.

I'm definitely in the camp that wants their miniatures to look good next to each other on the table.