Faux-stival

ProximoCoal

So Worhamma, a gaming club in Sunderland in the North East, wants to do something huge in, probably, March 2015. I can't give out any details because it's not my place to and nothing is finalized yet. What I was hoping to do was just see if I can get a rough idea of how many people would be interested in coming. The more interest we get, the more awesome we can make it so please comment!

One of things that would be nice to know is if people would prefer to do a campaign event thing, like MCC, or more tournaments, like smogcon? With enough interest we would like to be as big, or bigger, than those, so please get in contact!

• 1 month later...

I think the tournament structure would most likely pull more players from the northern contingent ( the ones at the ranking top ) but don't let that limit the format, for instance Halifax ( halifaux ) is using a grow format, starting at 30ss and ending at 50ss. There are many formats a tournament can take and moving away from straight up 50ss fixed fraction would get my interest.

I would say that splitting a two day thing into two one day events is the way to go because many find it easier to fit a one day in around work / family.