immune to enemy conditions and horror duels

binkys

Question

Had this possibility come up in a game yesterday and wasn't sure how the interactions actually worked in this case.  Did a quick search of the forums, but didn't see anything on it.

Ironsides vs. Pandora.

Pandora attacks Ironsides and gets the trigger to force a horror duel after damaging.

Ironsides has warding runes as is within range and LoS for the aura from Blood Ward so is immune to enemy conditions.

If Ironsides failed horror duel would it be considered an enemy condition which she would be immune to, or since its triggered by a failed horror duel(regardless of source that caused the duel) would Ironsides be paralyzed.

12 answers to this question

That one seems kinda obvious.....Pandora FORCES a Horror test so it's a potential condition forced upon you by an enemy.

But what if Ironsides attacks a Terrifying enemy? Blood Ward specifically says 'Enemy Conditions'.......Paralyze isn't really an 'Enemy' Condition......it's a by-product of Terror.......no one is forcing Toni to attack the Terrifying model....it's her decision, so that test is brought about by her.

It's one thing when Frozen Heart says you're immune to Paralyze......that's obvious immunity.....or Marcus wants to Feral Ironsides......or Raspy is casting Freeze Over....that's obviously an enemy condition.

I may be reading too much into this, and it may be a case of common sense language, but I'm usually pretty good about that and last night when he asked me the question (I was at the same LGS) I was befuddled.

Protection from the Blood: This model is immune to Conditions caused by enemy models and damage from p effects.

If I had a nurse and used it on ironsides she would be paralyzed. If I had widow weaver and used exhale terror and fails the duel would also be paralyzed.

If it's an action or ability on an enemy model then no paralyze. Terror included.

Jack daws upgrade says

The Lurking Fear: This model is immune to the Paralyzed Condition if it is applied by enemy models.

Same concept. An enemy is causing the horror duel and subsequently the paralyze condition.

Protection from the Blood: This model is immune to Conditions caused by enemy models and damage from p effects.

If I had a nurse and used it on ironsides she would be paralyzed. If I had widow weaver and used exhale terror and fails the duel would also be paralyzed.

I see the other examples, but I'm curious why these ones would give paralyze. Seems like these are the same: conditions caused by enemy models.

Ah, I see. Fair enuff. :)

A more likely example would be to take a Performer with IS and the enemy Zoraida obey's P to Siren Call her master with the "To their Doom" trigger. M2E rules have friendlies stay friendly even under another crew's control, so this would paralyze, I believe.