Painting diary. Picture and rambling heavy.

theshepherd

After a very late night of painting I have finished the Kirai box set. I painted Kirai in one sitting, the plan was to sit and block out some base colours but I just kept going after that and then it was morning and she was done.

Next up will be Ama No Zako to sit in as hench-Oni with this crew, she is built now I need to clean up some lines and marks then I can start painting.

Kirai - Not too happy with the face, from the right angle it looks great but any other angle not so good.

B85DFF53-4C1F-4940-A4F6-D32C47A26BE5_zps

The crew all together. I'm still trying to stay all plastic with the ressers so she will have a slightly limited summoning pool of these and hanged but run with a more elite main crew that should be enough.

7883400F-D571-4712-8D0A-E4BCFA2E7FB5_zps

I have added Ama No Zako to the Kirai party. I'm not happy with the finish on Ama, from the moment I sat down to paint her I wasn't focused as kept making silly mistakes until I let myself get frustrated and rushed the finish. I'll leave her as is for the time being. (might teach me to pay more attention next time)

0737A016-4DF5-42FC-A811-D8A112E835AB_zps

The whole group together looks a bit nicer.

E57C54B1-68FD-40AA-B5A5-95170947E8F8_zps

I think ama could be improved a lot of you just went back and added more detail on the face. A wash maybe to bring out the details and paint eyes. With a vivid glowing colour to take the attention away?

I'm not saying she's bad. I think she is quite nice actually. But the face is the focus point in a model.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A quick painting session produced these two charmers. A couple of crooked men to be summoned in by Nico.

You may notice one has a slightly different head as it seemed a shame no to use it.

352490F5-6A7A-4DF4-8261-233B3A1B74AB_zps

I'm taking a bit of a break from painting Malifaux until I can pick up the Molly box and add some much needed crooligans to my crew. I'll probably be painting a few infinity minis while I wait so it might be a gap until my next post.

• 5 weeks later...

After a brief break I may it back to the Malifaux painting table this week with the Molly box.

I've got them all built and primed and now I have the crooligans painted up and the mini jigsaw that is the necrotic machine.

The necro machine I kept fairly simple.

90950B7B-B6FD-441C-822B-75C9F2E1CD24_zps

The crooligans were great to paint, loads of character.

C3291F48-8093-4637-80A6-C8C1698B1A76_zps

Also managed to get another flesh construct converted and painted last week.

Such a cool model and fun to convert with a little help from green stuff and my bits box. I've given her some hair, a knife and added some guts to the victim. Also added some (hopefully tasteful) breasts. 

DFA2FC0D-EBEB-4BC1-A40A-F9CFE2EB7DBA_zps

and the gang all together.

A981CFBB-ED39-4F7B-8213-5D1B85CF6FD8_zps

I managed to finish off the Molly box last night with Philip and the Nanny.

Really cool model. I couldn't decide on a colour scheme so a few section have been re done a couple of times. Still not 100% on the choice, thinking a dark blue on the jacket would be better. But I always prefer to get something finished than keep dithering over things I can change later.

A0261671-8937-418F-BC5E-3679547609CF_zps

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to work on some mercs as a break from the ressers

First up was Hannah, there are a few modifications to her. A couple of burners a barrel in the suit and some icons on the arms just to make it a bit different

A0F09CBF-D6B3-42CB-8E60-8847E252647C_zps

E5F39DF7-F969-4C7C-8474-C2903324EA1D_zps

Next up was Bishop. I tried to move away from the biker style and ended up with an old solider look for him. He could probably do with another layer of highlights but I'm really please with the camo.

4003552C-93EB-4FFA-8911-D7C6103F65F4_zps

E34E156F-D403-4E97-9FE2-341FAF3AB57C_zps

• 3 weeks later...

As I seem to have developed a bit of a painting queue I decided I had to start getting things painted before the GenCon stuff I've ordered arrives.

So over the weekend I managed to finish off my nightmare Tara crew.

First of the lady herself

942A9053-9AA4-41F4-949C-CEEFA9DF0A1B_zps

Her friends from the box

16AD33F1-D2B7-46E7-AA83-D23ACE438797_zps

And the gang all together.

21293C08-3070-4009-AEC9-D4CB8A684331_zps

I wanted to add some more effects to Tara, maybe a glow to the sword. But my last OSL didnt end too well so I've left her as is and I'm going to practice OSL ready for my next project.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm slowly working my way through my GenCon goodies last night I took a bash at the Carrion effigy. So many cool little details on this model I decided to try and push myself a bit with my painting technique.

Very similar in colour scheme to both my Molly and McM but with a lot better finish than McM (I really need to repaint him at some point). I really pleased with how this came out, another hack at NMM and some really subtle highlights. He's far from perfect but compared to my painting a year ago its a hundred times better.

AECB18CD-69AE-4171-8D45-8D32D4FE3254_zps

9078D713-E621-4C18-B43F-0C4DE4FB9137_zps

The original plan was for the skeleton on the base to glow with OSL but I couldn't bring myself to risk wreaking the finish on the coat if it went wrong (like it did on McM.)

I'm still putting off painting the rogue necro (not rouge necro as I kept typing last night) as its such a centre piece model that it needs to be done well. So the Gaki will probably be the next on my painting table. 

• 2 weeks later...