Painting diary. Picture and rambling heavy.

theshepherd

Started on the students box last night.

I tried to keep this one simple as I think the model is cool enough that my paint job would just distract from it.

I really like the student models I keep trying to think of an excuse to get more other than a student only summoning Nicodem. School master Nico

18F1B5B0-7CAF-422B-AA6A-F06BFAE92F29_zps

I hope a few Henchmen get upgraded to master to save shoehorning in new characters into the fluff, Plus that would mean less of a wait for models. Toshiro, Joss, Neikima, Hannah and Judge could easily be pushed up to master and would run mostly different crews from their old masters, then up a few enforcers to Henchman you could change the whole power levels without adding any models.

But all that is just my way of trying to get Bete upto a point where she can use soulstone and really smash face.  

Currently models with Academic include

Iron Zombies (Valedictorian, Sinew, Iron and Steel)

Freikorps Librarian

Oxfordian Mages

Also as part of the Wave 3 Beta 

Sanctioned Spellcaster

As you can see Rezzers have more individual models than any other faction but if they do release a Master themed around this Characteristic it's anyones guess which faction it'll go to. Given the Rezzers have most I'd say it's likely to be Prof. Albus von Shtuck (or whatever his name is) from the Transmortis fluff but his alt. Faction is really anyones guess (Wishful thinking I know!). I'd say Arcanist as it's unlikely Wyrd would make a 2nd Rezzer / Guild Master. Outcast also already have Tara as cross faction. But if they do release a Academic themed Master there's a good chance he'd bring along his own totem and minions as well. We can live and dream though, them Iron Zombies are lovely sculpts and I'd kill to have them with other Factions besides hiring them via Leve or summoning with Karina. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been a while since I managed to get some painting done but I've finally got back in the hobby groove.

Firstly I did some simple head markers for the gaining ground Headhunter strat

07DBB32E-8029-49DE-BB3F-37C51F7F1566_zps

Next I had fun painting up YIn with plenty of blood effect.

12E8FF51-E489-4973-B7ED-DB87AB8ED211_zps

And also Izamu. The idea with him was to look more like a Terracotta warrior than a samurai didn't work perfectly but I like the finished job.

E096FCC3-0BC2-4F26-A83F-24EAB964D29A_zps

The current project is Kirai and her spirits lovely models but will need plenty of greenstuff to tidy them up.

CD3949EE-82EF-487A-ABD1-C5E1B9980F03_zps

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up a steady flow of painting and have some of these finished soon.

Thanks for the comments.

I got a bit more painting done last night. Not too happy with it, the green was a bit of an after thought. When I was almost finished I decided it was missing something and just kept adding and adding green. Lesson learned - know when to walk away.

It'll do for now as it doesn't look to bad when its with the rest of the crew, I'll decide if I want to fix it later.

AD150A87-65C3-48FD-90AF-9AD635E6F347_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Some more work done on the Kirai box, Ikyrio is finished.

Its just the main Lady herself to go now. I'm still undecided on how I want to paint Kirai, I want something darker than the rest of the crew I was thinking black or very dark red as she's in mourning. Maybe really dark for the clothes but bright for the skin and hair to have some contrast.

048B37AF-1BF1-40AB-91B7-39B2E51942F8_zps

And the crew so far.

ACFC387F-4E99-4756-A09B-0570E28E0F6E_zps