Bring on The Thundeer

SurreyLee

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading through this as I want to get Misaki on the table myself (only played her once so far despite being my first M2E crew box) and the three in the box minion thing is annoying.  I gave away one of my Oiron and Torakage in the end.  I think the best bet is to look for players who are also playing TT and see if you can do trades with them.  Hardly anybody ever used three of any minion so maybe you could swap a Monk of the Lower River for an Oiron or so on.  This is what I'm going to look to do with Monks/Archers/Samurai (although I'll probably use the Monks as proxies for a while).

Just been reading through this as I want to get Misaki on the table myself (only played her once so far despite being my first M2E crew box) and the three in the box minion thing is annoying.  I gave away one of my Oiron and Torakage in the end.  I think the best bet is to look for players who are also playing TT and see if you can do trades with them.  Hardly anybody ever used three of any minion so maybe you could swap a Monk of the Lower River for an Oiron or so on.  This is what I'm going to look to do with Monks/Archers/Samurai (although I'll probably use the Monks as proxies for a while).

That's what I've been doing, already have one Samurai I'll pass on to a friend that gave me a low river, have 2 archers with third sold off and have 4 Torakage, but 2 are converted into Ten Thunder brothers. I have a hard time using a lot of models in pairs, much less in batches of 3.

• Like 1

Don't think so, basically, asked my painter to paint them like Ototo and to add the usual straw japanesse hat and Tengu noses to the masks. Also cut the chains from the Torakage with Kama and changed his pose to be running on one leg. If I remember I'll take a couple of pics and post them. Did the same when I ended with 4 Wrastlers to convert 2 into Illuminated.

• Like 1

Well, based in the UK i do now in fact have 3 archers and 3 Monks. Happy to do a trade for either an archer / Monk for any Oiran that people have? Samurai will be being purchased from Gencon so may also have one of these to trade for Oiran. That then should round out all minions from Wave 1. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Razhem about using three of any model. Somewhat off-topic, but does anyone use three archers or three torakage (outside the box set matchups)?

If it's a scheme-ish mission/strates, I'll happily run three Torakage and Smoke and Shadows. 

Ninja falling out of the woodwork amuses me.  :D

If it's a scheme-ish mission/strates, I'll happily run three Torakage and Smoke and Shadows. 

Ninja falling out of the woodwork amuses me.  :D

Your deck must actually like your Torakage then, whenever I use Smoke and Shadows I instantly regret it the moment I see my turn 1 hand... Thank god the Torakage know how to pull their weight without it, but I've gravitated towards 10T brothers and Tengu for scheme missions.

I find Smoke and Shadows good for Assassinate/Murder Protoge as you'll usually have one card that will allow you to get it off (and you can burn a SS if desperate) and catapult Misaki somewhere.  I chased Corpelius around doing so in my last game with them.

Smoke and Shadows is minion only, no using it with Misaki, only Torakage and Oiran.