Waldgeist

asrian

I used Waldgeist for the first time in a game today and thoroughly enjoyed them. I do have one question though. What is the point of their 0 action Germinate being HT 5? I understand that it's severe and soft cover, but isn't dense, and I'm fine with all of that. But as it doesn't block LOS, why even bother having it HT 5, or is there something I'm missing?

In most games it won't make much difference, but if you are playing games with multiple levels, then it being ht 5 is much better then it being the otherwise default height 2, which would normally effect 1 level of the table and thats it. At ht 5, it can also provide the cover for models that are up a floor (typically ht2 or 3) from the marker.

Don't the vantage point rules allow you to ignore intervening stuff of lower height? This would help against that.

However, to be completely honest, it's probably just a hold-over from when the markers were Dense during play test. The Ht wasn't hurting anything like Dense was and may have just been overlooked.