Few Rules Inquiries

asrian

Question

Ok. I had a few things over the past few games that have come up, and would like to get clarification if I can. Still just trying to get acclimated to the game and a few of my crew's models and abilities. Thanks in advance.

1) Attacker charges someone who's Manipulative: Do they need to test for Manipulative for the initial charge only, or for the two attacks after the charge?

2) TN opposed duel: In an opposed duel (say CA 5, TN 10, Resist on WP for example) If the Attack flips a 3 for a total of 8...and the defender has WP 4 and flips and flips a 3 for a total of 7. Who cheats first?

3) Rising Sun (Jakob Lynch/Huggy): Huggy is buried then returned to play once something with brilliance dies. Does Huggy retain any upgrades he had prior to being buried (Such as Fear Given Form)? I'm assuming yes, but not sure.

4) Rising Sun/Activation: Say Huggy activates early in a turn. Mid turn dies. Late turn an enemy with brilliance is killed and Huggy is Unburied. I'm assuming, as he went early, he's still counted as activated for the turn? 

6 answers to this question

Just to expand on 1

You can charge a manipulative model with out taking the manipulative test, as Charge is a tactical action, and Manipulative only works off Attack actions, so you will move into position. Then Charge allows you to Make 2 attack actions. Each of these actions will require you to pass the manipulative test to attack. Any actions which allowed you to make furtehr attacks against them (Onslaught and overpower for example) would see you have to take Manipulative tests for the extra attacks as well.

Failure to pass a Manipulative test will stop that attack, but not prevent you making more attacks against them, so even if you fail manipulative on the first attack of a charge, you will still get to attempt the second attack, as manipulative only stops the current attack action.

1) Manipulative tests every time you make an attack, so if you are attacking a Manipulative model multiple times you must make multiple tests.

2) The defender would cheat first as they are losing the duel.

I don't know much about Lynch so I cant help there.

Edit-misread something.

Edit again-apparently I was right before my previous edit.  Thanks to Rgarbonzo for correcting me.  I shouldn't have second guessed myself I suppose :)

Ok. I had a few things over the past few games that have come up, and would like to get clarification if I can. Still just trying to get acclimated to the game and a few of my crew's models and abilities. Thanks in advance.

1) Attacker charges someone who's Manipulative: Do they need to test for Manipulative for the initial charge only, or for the two attacks after the charge? All attacks targeting the Manipulative model must pass the Manipulative test

2) TN opposed duel: In an opposed duel (say CA 5, TN 10, Resist on WP for example) If the Attack flips a 3 for a total of 8...and the defender has WP 4 and flips and flips a 3 for a total of 7. Who cheats first? The person with the lower duel total must cheat first, in this case it would be the defender because they are losing the duel.

3) Rising Sun (Jakob Lynch/Huggy): Huggy is buried then returned to play once something with brilliance dies. Does Huggy retain any upgrades he had prior to being buried (Such as Fear Given Form)? I'm assuming yes, but not sure. Yes, since he becomes buried not killed.

4) Rising Sun/Activation: Say Huggy activates early in a turn. Mid turn dies. Late turn an enemy with brilliance is killed and Huggy is Unburied. I'm assuming, as he went early, he's still counted as activated for the turn? Yes, he was already activated son he cannot activate again the same turn since he was not killed but buried.

• Like 2

Although I did say I don't know much about Lynch I can say with a fair amount of certainty that you can draw 2 cards for activating last and then unbury Huggy and activate him.  The reason I can say this is that Lynch's ability to draw cards reads the same way as Tara's Eternal Moment reactivation, and that question has been asked and answered before.  Tara can also unbury models that have not activated during her reactivation and then activate them so I assume Huggy unburying and attacking is also the same.