push towards

scarlett fever

Question

5 answers to this question

With all due respect, the sentence Tuttleboy quotes does not "mean" center to center -- I think the OP is asking precisely whether "directly towards" means "from the center of this model to the center of that model," and nothing in the quoted sentence from the rulebook explicitly "means" that. I'd like to hear reasons why "moving directly towards" means, or ought to mean, "moving directly towards the center of." (Or, in the absence of reasons, some place in the FAQ or rulebook that clarifies.)

Here's a complicating scenario: Teddy's Peekaboo trigger involves two pushes. "Push the target 4" in any direction," followed by "push this model into base contact with the target." Does Teddy need to pushed directly towards the center of the target model, or, assuming there's room and no intervening terrain, can he be pushed to one side or the other, so long as he moves in a straight line and ends in base contact?

No teddy does not. His peekaboo is not a "towards" push. It is a push into base contact.

Irons sides ability you looking at me. Is a towards.Target model is pushed its Cg towards this model.

Away and towards are center to center cause that is the most direct route and as close as possible.

Teddys push is what ever gets him in base (barring terrain or other models)

• Like 1

Centre to centre is the ONLY way for it to end as close as possible. Pushes are ALWAYS in a straight line, and when being made in relation to any other point, are ALWAYS DIRECTLY towards or away from that point.

The only way directly works, is centre to Centre. This is not at all open for interpretation.

• Like 1