Gen Con 2014 TtB events added

CaseyJ

Seems awfully optimistic.  Far as we know, the books remain missing in action, as they haven't said anything about them since the update noting the proofs had arrived.

Which was 7 weeks ago.

7 weeks with zero word on the matter?  Seems like something may have gone drastically wrong.  Maybe when the shrink wrap machine went crazy it ate the book pallets.  And the warehouse.  It totally happens, read it in a Stephen King short story once.

Nah.  Can't make it to Gencon due to lacking finances (maybe next year), and they've already got $270 from me for TtB, I'm definitely not paying more to see it until my backer box is in hand.

But you're right, as long as whomever is running the game has studied the PDFs well and understands what the (presumably pre-generated?) characters can do, having books on hand probably isn't a high priority.

Yep, I think we're all using pre-gen characters, and I doubt there's that much need for the books (though it would be nice). Most of the system works like Malifaux anyway, and a lot of the rest is rules-light, so it's really easy to run it on the fly.

I've got a couple of slots still open in my games as well! If you're interested, best to get in quick. :)

Well, we won't hunt you down or anything if you don't go to the second and third parts. :) It is strongly preferred that you do, though. I know part 1 of my game (the Guild-centered one) is a somewhat lower-key set up the more meaty second and third parts.

The tickets are also relatively pricey, and it would kinda suck to pay $12 for only 4 hours of the game.

Let me clarify, there are smaller games of only one session for $6 and longer games with three sessions for $12.  You don't have to buy multiple sessions you get all three for $12.  (Which is a steal in my opinion.)  

You will not need anything to play the games just come with a great attitude and get ready to have a blast.

Any other questions do not hesitate to ask.