Do Intervening Models Grant Cover?

D-A-C

Question

Hi guys.

If a model is between you and a target, partially covering it from LOS does the target model get Soft Cover?

So for example:

A -------------------------- C

A                B                C

A                B                C

B

So model A is shooting model C, but model B is between the two obscuring one side of model C's base from LoS. In this instance would model C gain soft cover.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

Short answer is no. Models don't give cover to each other.

Thanks, seems surprising thats not the case.

Strange that Seamus can't hide behind one of his Belles for dear life and use her as a human shield lol!

Thanks for the quick reply.

They can block los so they can't be targeted but no they do not provide hard or soft cover.

Does that mean I can teleport the Copycat Killer in front of Seamus, and then use Back Alley on Seamus (providing nobody can see past the Copycats base)

Does that mean I can teleport the Copycat Killer in front of Seamus, and then use Back Alley on Seamus (providing nobody can see past the Copycats base)

CCK is Ht 1 so wouldn't count as blocking him even if perfectly positioned.

But that kind of raises another point; seemingly the chances of a 30mm model blocking LoS to another 30mm is rare to impossible, as it would practically be unable to ever fully obsure another models base without even the tiniest bit still showing. Models would literally have to stand in a straight line to do so.

I'm not complaining btw, I think walking soft cover human shields would probably suck, but I think for positioning purposes 30mm don't have to worry very much then about another 30mm model blocking line of sight.

Suppose that makes 40mm/50mm even more valuable as they can literally block LoS entirely.

CCK is Ht 1 so wouldn't count as blocking him even if perfectly positioned.

But that kind of raises another point; seemingly the chances of a 30mm model blocking LoS to another 30mm is rare to impossible, as it would practically be unable to ever fully obsure another models base without even the tiniest bit still showing. Models would literally have to stand in a straight line to do so.

And the official answer is that by the grace and majesty that is pre-measuring, yes, you can achieve perfect alignments.

In order to avoid confusion, if you do position one model perfectly in relationship to another model, you're going to want to communicate this perfect alignment to the other player.  Otherwise someone is likely to bump the table, and you'll end up with a situation where the table doesn't acurately represent how the models are arranged.

They can block los so they can't be targeted but no they do not provide hard or soft cover.

Just to come back to this (just to make sure I have it right),because target C is partly behind model B does it mean it can't be targeted because B is partly block LOS?