Not a Bad Thing, Malifaux Tournament, Sept 13th, Sunderland

Big Ned

As a relative new comer to the game (with tournament experience in other wargames) I was thinking about this tournament for my first as I should be able to get at least one crew up and painted by then (although I see that's not a requirement in the pack)

I'm hoping to get a couple of the guys from my club to come along too but if they can't commit soon I may be tempted to buy a ticket anyway to ensure my place.

I think by the looks of it, the malifaux scene would be nice enough to offer a lonely newbie a warm welcome in his first tourney before stomping him into the wooden spoon position ;)

Yeah, My last tournament had a bunch of newcomers and a good few of the guys aren't exactly 'veterans'

You'll be made more than welcome, and even your opponents will be more than happy to help out.

The Malifaux community is far and away the friendliest I've ever come across.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a good place to post this but im looking for someone from England who is interested in ordering from gen con and splitting shipping costs with me. 

Posting it here specifically as Im paid up and attending this tournament and so could use the event to hand over any items purchased to save on even more P&P that shipping again via royal mail would cost. 

Also hopefully since my details are held by the runner of the event (presumably Big Ned) when I payed for my ticket and will also be there in person people can safely assume theres nothing dodgy going to happen and me dissapearing with their money!

Its probably a long shot and I may have to wait for general release but the shipping costs when taking the heavy rulebooks into account is quite extreme for one person to bear.

Cheers