Doomtown is rising from the ashes

Hey guys. I know this is only tangentially related to Malifaux, but I was very surprised and excited to learn my favorite card game from yesteryear is rising from the ashes this August. Doomtown reloaded is comming soon. Loved the card mechanics of that game and fully intend to build a bicycle format deck to serve as a fate deck for MALIFAUX.

As it has a similar wyrd western theme those who have some time and money to potentially play a game ontop of MALIFAUX might want to check it out.

So very much excited.

• Like 1

Deadlands: Doomtown was one of the few card games I truly enjoyed.  However, I don't collectible games anymore.  If they put this out in a non-collectible format then I am very interested in it.  It was a fun game.

Well it's not a "Collectible" Card Game in the sense of booster packs like MtG or L5R.  It's now an Expandable Card Game, which is just AEG's term for a Living Card Game.  So you buy a base set and expansions that come with fixed cards and (generally) full play sets.

AEG just put up on that Doomtown site that the new Reloaded base set comes with a half playset of every card in the set (or a full playset if you buy the deluxe version).  So with 1-2 copies you've got everything you need to play, no need to worry about rarity.

If you mean you want just a one-off boxed board/card game...then no, this is not like that.