The Daimyo in a Misaki list?

afeinman

I like playing around with unusual choices...

Ama No Zako has been a beast in my Misaki list, adding capabilities I didn't have before--an Obey-like action, flight, and of course a bit more killing power. (Though honestly she does her best killing using opponents against each other)

Toshiro looks like he might provide the same sort of "missing piece" functionality, but I haven't gotten the chance to include him. Boosting the fighting power of Torakage or 10T Brothers, with plenty of killy on his own, that's just adding strength to strength.

But more interesting are the (0) actions. War Fan looks crazy--I am always longing for Fast, especially on Torakage or the Katanaka Sniper. (A move plus a focused shot gets me good field position from which to burn a bunch of cards.) And handing out Focused gets very useful with the Sniper or a gang of Archers.

Anyone pulled this model in? How'd it go?

Ive ran tosh with McCabe and they are a nasty combo. You can chuck reactivate and fast on one model for 5ap and a nimble a turn (as long as its a minion.) on a Torakage its a crazy ammount of actions and with their :+fate to attack and damage they can put out serious hurt! even more if you are within 6 :aura  of Tosh

I've actually ran Toshiro with Misaki recently. My list was something like this

Misaki -- 4 Pool
 +Misdirection [2]
 +Stalking Bisento [2]

Shang [3]
Izamu the Armor [10]
 +Recalled Training [1]
Punk Zombie [7]
Punk Zombie [7]
The Illuminated [7]
Toshiro The Daimyo [9]

Overall it rocked! I used the Illuminated and Punk Zombies with Toshiro as a strike force, often sending in the Illuminated first to take the pain then have the Punks charge in and tear everything to pieces. Then Misaki and Shang teamed up and Izamu strolled around murdering things on his own. 

This worked incredibly well. We were playing School of Hard Knocks from the Transmortis Expansion so having the Illuminated around to tank the Iron Zombies was so useful. I could then use Izamu and Misaki to focus primarily on my scheme whilst the Punk Zombies dealt with either Iron Zombies or helped out with Schemes. Toshiro is the bomb, I'm planning on running him with McCabe sometime soon and maybe even with Lynch as well!  :+fate Attack Flips and +2 Damage for Brilliance enemies on Illuminated is going to be all kinds of filth!

Toshiro is like Dashell, he's pretty epic in any crew that makes good use of a fair few minions. I originally bought Toshiro for Nicodem's crew but he's been in almost every list I've played since building him. I take him mainly for the ability to bring along a couple of Punk Zombies because they rock my socks off but his support potential is just incredible!

Toshiro with Lynch is brutal.

My list was...

Lynch - expert cheater, the rising sun

Huggy - Addict

Beckoner

Dawn Serpent

Illuminated x 2

Toshiro - command the graves

I felt a Performer would be ideal in this crew even swapping out an illuminated for her.  The DS was handing out so much poison and Toshiro summoned 2 Ashigaru who themselves was giving out Poison and a sip of wine from a Performer would have been even more brutal.

McCabe also tends to run fairly minion-heavy.  He has synergies with Guild Hounds (which he can hire out-of-faction) due to his totem, and his core hires (Wastrels) are also minions.  Even if he wants to bring other Guardsmen, the vast majority of them are minions.  Toshiro is a minion-buffing fool of a corpse, so bringing a minion-heavy list complements both of their standard crew compositions.

Tosh and mccabe is amazing. The last moment beta nurf actualy managed to make mccabe even more powerful when he brings tosh. Reactivate+nimble+fast+sabre = slaughter.

That was even scarier during the Beta when McCabe gave Swift rather than Nimble with the Badge.  So you could get in there on the first activation and then get 3 swings on the second activation as well.

Toshiro with Lynch is brutal.

My list was...

Lynch - expert cheater, the rising sun

Huggy - Addict

Beckoner

Dawn Serpent

Illuminated x 2

Toshiro - command the graves

I felt a Performer would be ideal in this crew even swapping out an illuminated for her.  The DS was handing out so much poison and Toshiro summoned 2 Ashigaru who themselves was giving out Poison and a sip of wine from a Performer would have been even more brutal.

I have actually been thinking about using Toshiro in a Lynch list, good to hear that it has worked out for you!

• 4 weeks later...