Suprisingly Loyal- useful only for the mimic selections?

4thstringer

So I was looking at Lucius, and I noticed an issue that I had not noticed before.  His defense trigger provided by the secret service ability appears to require both a ram and a mask.  So, if I understand correctly, I would have to drop a stone, and then most likely  cheat in the second suit, just for the privilege of causing the harm from the attack to occur on a different model instead?  Am I missing sometihng?.

Nope, to say the ability is highly situational is very charitable. The games designers really took the day off when Lucius's upgrades were produced. thankfully Lucius is so filthy gorgeous he hardly needs improvement...

I will probably still run that improvement this afternoon just to try out my 2 austringer + Doppelganger build today, but man is that a bummer. 

I'm going to experiment with a few of his upgrades this evening (Surprisingly loyal, Secret Objectives and either legalese, plant evidence or badge if facing assasinate), .  We will see how it goes.

so you think a stone for suit and a 1+ of the other suit (so 50% of the entire deck, plus a stone) to be able to dump the entire effect of an attack from your master down to any guardsman/mimic model is bad?

There are several cheap guardsman options to dump attacks to.. quite a good defense to a master I would think.

Consider something big and nasty, able to do loads of damage in one hit, or with nasty triggers, attacking Lucius and you suspect they've got better cards or starting stats than you. Spending a stone and the lowest card you have of  :ram or  :mask, to dump that attack on to a 3ss guild hound, is a very powerful defense imo.

This gets even better when you consider Devil's Deal. You can put 3 damage on that guild hound when spending the ss, then dropping the card and calling the trigger. Dump the entire attack over to the already damaged hound, and when it's dead (most likely), get your soulstone back.