10 Thunder meta, on the rise and falling

DeleteAccount

Basically, this thread is to discuss tendencies that are going to appear in the meta with the new book that will help some of our old stuff or make it suffer. This is more from an opponent perspective.

Off the bat, the first yay thing I'm seeing is Seamus being happier with a lot more living models introduced. Leaving Yin aside, having his terror tactics actually work from the get go more often can only be good for him.

The other side of the coin is our spirits. I'm seeing a huge boon of magic weapons coming out lately with 3 of the new masters packing magic weapons from the get go (Misaki, Yan Lo and McGabe) while also adding pieces with more magic weapons like Vanessa or Ototo. Vanessa is specially jarring as a Kirai player since she can outright nuke all her Seishin with almost no effort, pretty much killing Kirai's dinamic, and the vikis were already a problematic matchup for her. The big fat problem here though is wong, him being able to give magical weapon to a friendly minion means other factions heavy hitters will outright decimate our spirits making their defences pointless, I mean, Kang with magic on his hammer is a fantastic way to give some melee antispirit omph or pretty much any heavy hitter minion you can think off. And it's not like Wong is actually a slouch which would make him a rarity.

Anyway, leaving aside my panic attack, what other things are you seeing from the possible meta shift that can benefit and hurt us?

I have a feeling alot of Jakob players will be coming. Trying to drain your opponents hand while filling yours. Using stitched together to further this, and I also see torakage being used alot more as they can switch 10t people up farther. So no more foot slogging Mr. Tannen, which can be pretty devastating when needing to cheat.

Also with the Seamus idea, Yin is phenomenal and will be helping that along as well.

And I agree with you on the spirit banes that were released, its going to make us spirit players really think on our toes.

I wonder how Chiaki will play out, whilst her buffs seem very handy (movement tricks, counter removal and slow to non-living) she does appear awefully reliant on another supporting model to do some damage and/or control the immediate area. That and she doesn't seem to great at taking a punch with low def and harmless. The thing that gets her across the line seems to be her interaction with Yan Lo through supporting his relics and having the ability to return via his summon.