Reva with beyond death

f1amius

Hi guys.

Do u try to play Reva with beyond death and sky riders upgrades? 

if we take her with this upgrades and killjoy and 7cc cash. I think she will make a lot of damage and control. And we can charge on the 1st turn with killjoy and Reva.

may be try smthing like that:

50 SS Resurrectionists Crew
Reva + 7 Pool
 - Riders in the Sky (1)
 - Litany of The Fallen (2)
 - Beyond Death (1)
Philip and the Nanny (8)
 - Haunting Cries (0)
Killjoy (13)
Chiaki The Niece (6)
Dead Doxy (6)
Shieldbearer (6)
Carrion Effigy (4)

what do u think? 

I'm not sure how Beyond death is helping you charge first turn.  

I would appreciate a rough game plan to help me understand the workings of this list. I'm guessing the doxy is there to help Reva up the board so she can charge in?

It looks to me like you have too few activations to make the alpha strike you intend to do. When Reva goes there will likely be unactivated enemy beaters and she isn't durable enough to enjoy being stuck in from turn 1. Using her other upgrade you could control exactly where killjoy pops out so you could get at a weak flank where the opponent will not be able to counter Killjoy adequately. I guess Killjoy comes out of her first corpse candle?

I think you might have missed the requirement on the beyond death for it t0 be an enemy model. Reva has a threat range of about 31" on this list but needs los (I think, I don't have sky riders to hand) so she can't easily garentee her charge.  I assume the plan is to kill the corpse candle to get killjoy

• Like 1

How it should work (or not).

doxy use her 0 ability to push Reva and put 2 Shame markers for Philip.

Philip give to me cards.

w8 same activation

Reva summon candle, placing to it.  (It's total move about 12") and charge make 1 attack on 2nd attack use trigger for another charge and make 3 more attack or 2 attack and move. 

Candle make move use her 0 action ( in best to protect reva from charges) and summon killjoy.

killjoy charge. 

With 7cc I think Reva is able to survive for some attacks. 

• Like 1

Coming from guild where min damage 5 or 6 isn't that hard to achieve I think Reva could have a stressful day.

I could see this list handling a lot of builds since she ignores so many defenses, it might come down to who has the best hand turn 1 because you could easily whiff your attacks and have a really bad game. If they take out Reva they can probably control Killjoy easily and the rest of your list won't put up much of a fight but I guess that is true for any alpha strike.

My main concern is still that you don't have a way to waste activations as I said in my original comment so you will be going in too early I think. Would love to hear a few short reports of some games where you take this.

3 hours ago, f1amius said:

How it should work (or not).

doxy use her 0 ability to push Reva and put 2 Shame markers for Philip.

Philip give to me cards.

w8 same activation

Reva summon candle, placing to it.  (It's total move about 12") and charge make 1 attack on 2nd attack use trigger for another charge and make 3 more attack or 2 attack and move. 

Candle make move use her 0 action ( in best to protect reva from charges) and summon killjoy.

killjoy charge. 

With 7cc I think Reva is able to survive for some attacks. 

The action to place to a corpse marker is 5" range, so you are at a much lower total move of about 8" rather than 12. 

I agree with Ludvig that charging Reva in in activation 6 is quite risky, and a lot of the time I've not used any of my heavy hitters at that point.She isn't all that durabele even with 7 stones, and she doesn't really put out enough damage to kill the things that can kill her in 1 activation. And I expect you are unlikely to be able to disguise Reva, unless she has barely moved in her attack (it can do it at maximum of 10"). Also if I'm honest and I faced Reva with a buried killjoy, I would make sure I killed the corpse candles in places where Killjoy isn't a threat, so if he is somewhere that would allow killjoy to charge, I would probably move up to engage and kill.

Looking at it, its main power seems to be an unexpected attack. If your opponent knows what you're planning on doing and it can still work, then its a scary option.  

So By all means try it, I would be interested to see if it holds up against a good opponent that expected it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Adran said:

The action to place to a corpse marker is 5" range, so you are at a much lower total move of about 8" rather than 12. 

Reva is walk 5, you place the marker within 5" of her but it is a 1" base and reva has an almost 2" base so 12" up for her turn 1 isn't that far off, it comes slightly short of 13. The marker itself will only be 11" up 5 + 5 +1 for the doxy push, palcement range and base. Walks 8 inches and unburies killjoy about 19" out of it's deployment zone but his base is about 1,8 inches so he should be charging into their deployment in standard assuming you had a straight path.

Agreed that the candle isn't guaranteed to get to activate. After Reva has placed it and charged up it is likely within range of one of my attacks and Reva is done for the turn so no rush getting to her, just kill the candle to delay Killjoy if you have any decently ranged attack. Every list might not have an unactivated attack within range that isn't engaged to Reva though.

A have Philip for getting good hand (if not i will not go in). And in any case I can kill opponent model and run back with charg my own model. 

For a more activations, a can switch shieldbearer for 2 night terrors ( but they are useless as I think).

If opponent can't keep killjoy from his charge I can heal Reva for 1-2 wound. 

Also don't forget about 12 terrifying on each Reva's charg.

may be also should switch Chaky for smthing else? 

27 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Reva is walk 5, you place the marker within 5" of her but it is a 1" base and reva has an almost 2" base so 12" up for her turn 1 isn't that far off, it comes slightly short of 13. The marker itself will only be 11" up 5 + 5 +1 for the doxy push, palcement range and base. Walks 8 inches and unburies killjoy about 19" out of it's deployment zone but his base is about 1,8 inches so he should be charging into their deployment in standard assuming you had a straight path.

I'm assuming he wsn't trying to walk with her AP, as he talks about having an AP left after the charge. Plus you summon the corpse candle before you walk, so you get the 5+1+2 for your 0 action. 

This sort of thing looks great when you have the straight paths. On the whole I think Reva is a good master to support Killjoy/bete Noir, but  I don't think that you typically want to set him off turn 1. (Bete you might well want to as she is a lot more survivable)

1 minute ago, f1amius said:

A have Philip for getting good hand (if not i will not go in). And in any case I can kill opponent model and run back with charg my own model. 

For a more activations, a can switch shieldbearer for 2 night terrors ( but they are useless as I think).

If opponent can't keep killjoy from his charge I can heal Reva for 1-2 wound. 

Also don't forget about 12 terrifying on each Reva's charg.

may be also should switch Chaky for smthing else? 

Charging your own model is always a little risky, unless you're happy for them to die. And you don't have the AP to charge, so you would be having to do it from the trigger, so you can't have killed the model. 

Plus once you have  passed 1 test from Reva you are immune to the other tests. 

Night terrors are good for some jobs, such as holding positions, but not all missions require them 

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@Adran

Reva isn't walking before placing the candle, the doxy does her (0) to make her push her walk value as a step of setting up markers for Phil.

Since that was mentioned else where I wasn't including it in that calculation, seem we are agreeing on values, but were talkingabout slightyl different things. 

• Like 1