Duel Order: Easy or hard first?

WWHSD

When you've got a number of duels to inflict on your opponent what order do you like to resolve them?

Do you resolve the easiest to pass duels first hoping that at bad flip drains card before the hardest duels hit or do you get the hard ones out of the way hoping that that clears the way for the easy ones?

I'm not sure that there's a right answer; I'm just curious what other people prefer.

EDIT: Crap. I put this in the wrong forum. This probably should have been in "Malifaux Discussion" and not "Faction Discussion".

If order of activation is not determined by something else, then it goes like this:

If the important duels are hard - try to get less important ones in first in order to drain hand and make the important stuff more likely.

If important duels are easy - get those off first in order to hopefully drain the opponent hands as he will try to prevent the bad things happening to him even if he knows it's unlikely to work. Then all the "bonus" stuff will become easier and the upcoming activations will get more damage/etc... done than they should have.

Istart with the least important because that means my opponent needs to save a card for the last duel they can't afford to lose. That means they might not cheat an early failure since they don't know if the last one will pass or not. If I let them take the important duel first they can topdeck it and use the same card for a less important one later since thry already know they don't need it.

It also depends on abilities like masters healing when friendlies die or getting to drawcards etc. If their master is at one wound and will heal for each model failing/dying I start with the master to have a chance of killing.

How hard the duel actually is for the individual models doesn't factor for me most of the time since there's usually a difference in importance of which models you want failing. If it reallydidn't matter at all I would probably start with duels requiring a 6-8, then lower ones and high ones last. They might have a bunch of really low and then a few really high cards so even if they only need a 7 to pass they might have to cheat an 11 if they consider that model passing important. Most of the time I would probably just pick the resolution order on model positions to not confuse things in that situation.

• Like 1