FinalForm

35ss
-Viktoria of ashes (sister in fury, Systery Bonds) 3ss
-Viktoria of blood (mark, oathkeeper) 3 ss
-student 4ss
-emissary (viks upgrade) 10ss
-hog whisperer 6ss
-void wretch 4ss

6ss cache, up to 41 threat range, 1st turn alphastrike as it is.
guess how we extend threat to 41 and get like)

How about doing the same with rat catcher and winged plague? seems more efficientand cheaper because you dont loose models and need less. but threat range shrinks to 30" but you can ignore terrain this way and if you add the minimum of 6" of deployment zone... it should be more than enough.

:-/

13 hours ago, apes-ma said:

Doesn't Blood need the Soaring Dragon upgrade?

Nah, we have more useful void wretch that does the same thing and allows Viktoria to unbury after whisperer kills some pesky scheme runner or even some tough guy(and oh boy, whisperer kills stuff).

9 hours ago, lucius101 said:

So the tactic relies on the Whisperer killing something,

and the enemy get an activation after Blood is placed.

Sounds risky to me.

3 mi6 min damage 3(4) attacks with 1 focus with a range of 23 inches seems pretty legit to me.
In fact you want to kill a schemerunner or some squishy frontline model.

No. Vika gets the Memento

AF boi. But is there any other playstyle for Viks?)

The void wretch bury trick is good and usable primarily as a "gotcha" tactic ive used it many times to great effect but equally as many times its folded and crippled me early game. If your opponent is savvy he can kill a peon or something insignificant off in the wings and then viktoria is stuck out there as she HAS to unbury when the next model dies. I find its better to set up eith oathkeeper, fury and synchronised on ashes and send her off with 4ap, damage track 5/6/8 and kill a model much much easier to then allow blood to pop out. I think the wretch trick is great dont get me wrong but it is easily counterable.

I think I'll just start running them with scion of the void....

You can unbury Blood turn 1.

Give Scion Oathkeeper/scout the field or make her a sister with Ashes new upgrade and do sister teleport or just get fast with student.... very easy to get a 25 inch slingshot off... you can even extend it to over 30 inches by adding scramble or double slingshotting with student and ashes, but hnestly that seems inefficient/overkill.

I thought this upgrade was okay until I though of Scion of the void.... and once you have scion and blood buried after turn 1, you can just unbury blood anywhere on the field at any time that suits you... (Without having to spend a card too... putting 2 wounds on scion instead).

I hope I still have friends in a few weeks.

I think scion is gonna get an errata in JAN to only be able to unbury void models or something sad like that that will break Tara's versatility :(

21 minutes ago, SirRocketPants said:

Give Scion Oathkeeper/scout the field or make her a sister with Ashes new upgrade and do sister teleport or just get fast with student.... very easy to get a 25 inch slingshot off... you can even extend it to over 30 inches by adding scramble or double slingshotting with student and ashes, but hnestly that seems inefficient/overkill.

The new upgrade only allows Ashes to target a minion to make them ah honorary Sister. 

True... So I guess scout the field, scramble and Fast from student is as far as you can go... still... that's 4 walks of 6 and a charge of 8 + 2 inch melee.... 34 inches (or 39 if you replace mark of I KILL YOU on blood). You need to sisters in spirit the student to be withing 3 inches of scion for fast so it's still inefficient.

Still... pretty easy 25-30 inch reach on turn 1... With blood and scion who can bury if out of position...

Ok guys, ultimate guide how to do 41 inches or even more in perfect setup:
Our enemy has 4 wound model within 25 inches from whisperer.
Emissary pushes gremlin for 3 and gives him focus. He also gives memento to victoria
Our Vik of blood is buried by void wretch, vick of ashes makes whisperer a sister.
Student gives him fast.
Now gremlin can walk four times for 22 or 2 walk+charge for 20 threat. He hits model with focus and kills enemy(this is possible).
Victoria of blood appears in base contact (1-2 inches). She uses oath keeper and can walk+charge(15 inches) or triple walk+ attack for 17 inches of threat range.

In the wettest dreams this means 3+22+2+17= 44 inches of threat range in one activasion. In real life this will be about 30-35 inches, but this is still pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Isn't Burt Jebsen+Oathkeeper+Malifaux Child better then Hog Whisperer+Student? It costs 1ss more, but totem doesn't spend it's activation for fast and can cast Sisters of Fury and heal, and Burt has Reckless too, same mobility, better defense stats and blast shooting attack.

I don't know gremlins... But he is probably not a minion so it won't work.

Anyway... I think that way might be the biggest threat range... but I think it's bad/inefficient.

Why not be happy with a 30 inch threat rang/bubble and the added benefit that your crew composition is better and once scion is buried that 30 (ok... 20-30 inch depending on the models move) inch bubble extends from every single model on the board?

13 minutes ago, SirRocketPants said:

I don't know gremlins... But he is probably not a minion so it won't work.

Anyway... I think that way might be the biggest threat range... but I think it's bad/inefficient.

Why not be happy with a 30 inch threat rang/bubble and the added benefit that your crew composition is better and once scion is buried that 30 (ok... 20-30 inch depending on the models move) inch bubble extends from every single model on the board?

Ah, yeah, he cannot become sister, but in fact he really do not need to, so you can drop Vik's upgrade too. Didn't try Scion yet, I will need to give it a try.