Dig Their Graves + other killy schemes/strats

Ergonomic Cat

I keep taking Dig Their Graves, because I like Titania and the Knights.  It seems like a simple choice. And I keep taking it with Hunting Party, Frame for Murder, Headhunter, etc.

And I feel like it's a bad choice, so I want y'all to tell me so. ;)

My thought process is "Oh, okay, this is a fighty pool.  Bring a pounce list."

But Dig can't be scored off a kill that scores another scheme.  Which means I have to kill at least 2 things a turn to keep up.  And if I have FFM, then I'm trying to get someone killed in the process too.  And I think that's turning me in to a bad player.

Am I right that this "synergy" is actually hurting me?  I feel like, even when it's a strongly fight-focused pool, I need to be taking one fighting and one non-fighting scheme (Claim Jump with the Knights is fine), despite my instincts....

I recently started playing ressers, and found myself falling into the same trap the you are. In the end, it only works with the right crew on extraction. You have a chance on guard the stash, but those games tend to be more spread out, and on interference and headhunter it is a no-go. 

With all Killy schemes the main thing to remember is that the enemy needs to be close to you. If the schemes and strats mean that your enemy can hide in a corner all game, you're not going to have a hard time.

the thing I found with a lure based list to try and score points is that you're generally using a few models to kill one enemy and score the points so it becomes quite an inefficient use of AP. You have to really try and set up a nice ball of death in turn 1 and 2 so that in later turns a single lure or maybe a double lure will end up killing a model. That said, you are still required to keep your models fairly close together meaning they're not going to be doing much else.

What I ended up doing is using dig their graves as either a one model scheme (something big with queens champion) or just having it as a if it  happens, and it will probably do, then I score points.

Oh and tried not to take other killy schemes. If you're taking Titania, go for a marker based scheme. Claim jump is relatively easy with her and the right crew. With the knights pseudo lures being a 0 and them being quite tanky accusations quite a good one to take with them. Titania lists can be quite elite too so you will probably be getting out activated meaning there will always be something to accuse thats not gone yet.

As to FFM, I found I was in the same boat, actively trying to get my own model killed in the first few turns to score full marks for it. So now I never take it, unless there's a model that I know my opponent is going to really try and kill, or if I know I can get something else out if it other than just points (put it on a gupp and have it wail, or on a terror tot that is just under 6" away from some of your crew to give them a push).

1 hour ago, feagaur said:

the thing I found with a lure based list to try and score points is that you're generally using a few models to kill one enemy and score the points so it becomes quite an inefficient use of AP. You have to really try and set up a nice ball of death in turn 1 and 2 so that in later turns a single lure or maybe a double lure will end up killing a model. That said, you are still required to keep your models fairly close together meaning they're not going to be doing much else.

The Tooth seems to be the ideal model for this.  She has basically 4 potential pushes on her activation (Lure, which includes an attack, which has a push, 2 attacks, each of which have a push).  The issue there is that as soon as she dies, it can all fall apart quickly.

With the knights setup is quite easy to score as you can pull the chosen model into a lot of scheme markers.

Ffm I normally only take if I'm bringing something like depleted or a stitched that I would normally throw at an enemy henchman or master to tie them up for at least one turn, this requires that my list also has something to move the model into position.

Dig their graves is one of my favourite schemes if I play collodi or a lure based crew in a strategy where I want to clump together, otherwise I avoid it. (Headhunter as strategy is an exception, dig their graves is a great scheme here as you want to kill their models close to yourself anyway and headhunter doesn't compete with dig for vp).