Important new purchases for faction

moosenhiem

So I recently started playing Ten Thunders on top of my Guild which I already own.  I was wondering what models go best in a multitude of crews vs what models are niche to specific masters.  I traded some other stuff to get mei fang, misaki, Shen Long, and brewmaster box sets, and also got a lone swordsman, ten thunders bros. and a katanaka sniper.  Any other additional purchases for general ten thunders that anyone would recommend?  I want the most versatility with each purchase.

You might want some obsidian oni, they perform particularly well with Shen and Mei, but i find them quite useful in most cases with any master. 

Low river monks give heals and condition removal, so u may want to consider them too.

Shadow emissary will often find place in your team.

• Like 2

I find the Shadow Emissary and Mr. Graves useful with every Master. The Terracotta Warriors and the Kamaitachi make a neat combo with almost every TT Master as well - you might want to check them out too.
Other than that, it's personal preference - if there are some models you like, just take them. Unless they are super specialized you would find most of our models useful with any Master.

• Like 2

The other suggestions here are good. Toshiro could be a good generalist for his ability to summon from corpse AND scrap markers, but would then also require Ashigaru and Komainu (and possibly Punk Zombies). Just so long as you aren't needing those :crow:mask or soulstones he'll require for summoning elsewhere.

• Like 1

you already have a good start for misaki (katanakas & sensei)

kang/ototo can be heavy beaters for shenlong crew

If you already have McCabe shenlong monks and misaki torakages works pretty well with him sword.

anyway mei needs more construct.

-)I suggest to take emissary + effige first.

emissary is strong with every master, effige is a cheap scheme activation (and a construct for mei)

-) then take toshiro and komainu (one box should be enough) and you will have all the best for mei (emissary+toshiro is a solid summoning duo).

-) after that you can chose between izamu / bettari (izamu is a tarpit when healed if your opponent can't ignore armor, bettari is a tricky beater) 

if you go izamu you can then take yan-lo crew to have ashigaru (for toshiro) and another solid support / runner (chiaki). Emissary is really nice with YanLo (because it gains ancestor trait)

Istead to make Asami crew work you will need Obsidian Oni and expecially Jorogumos.

-) at this point I think you can take Yasunori and terracotta warriors to have more options. A single low river monk works fine with emissary+Shenlong (card draw engine)

--------

others further options:

Lynch: graves, samurai, emissary, tt brother, depleted, bechoners, yin... 

Mc Cabe: guilds dogs, dawn serpent, kamaitachi

-------

tengu are good for regen +1 and scheming.

ama no zaku is working well with asami or with yin

sidir with promises can help in wp duel, oiran as well.

lust if fine for pushing / repositioning

yamaziko, willie, archers offer you blast

tannen can help with asami summons

-----

mercenary: I think I played succesfully jebsen, anna, lazarus. Maybe johan a couple of times. I think I never played m. child, snipers (you already have katakas)

I'm sorry but I've no experience with brewmaster, anyway performers can "expunge poison" and dawn serpent can help stacking it, ama no zaku/yin can help with paralyze tactics.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/10/2017 at 4:06 AM, KVOT said:

You might want some obsidian oni, they perform particularly well with Shen...

I've seen this before.  I know Shen Long can give burning, then the Obsidian Oni get the :+fate to damage on their Ca action, but is there something else I'm missing?

• Like 1