35 SS Campaign Seamus Build

Kisada

So planning on starting up a Campaign here in the next month and I'm planning on running Ressers, been running them a good while but haven't played a ton of late. Planning to use Seamus as my master since he was the first I learned and haven't played him recently. We're doing the baseline campaign and starting with 35SS. I've had a couple chances to try the list and so far it's been pretty solid though I do wonder if perhaps I should take a different tack or not. Here's what I'm running currently.

Madame Sybelle + Whip
Punk Zombie
Convicted Gunslinger
Rotten Belle
Dead Doxy

So far they've gone pretty well, usually use the convict to pick off a runner or try to lock down an area, Belle and Doxy pull scheme running duties and synergize decently with Sybelle and eventually Seamus as well of course. Punk is mainly just to have an additional beater, he's done decently though his speed can be problematic. Sybelle's whip feels like a bit of a no brainer, both triggers pulling lots of weight particularly in lower SS games. 

Any thoughts? Would I perhaps be better off swapping around for a more dedicated beater rather than two fairly squishy damage dealers? I think my first major add will be the Dead Rider since I haven't used him much and his mobility could be a huge asset to the crew. Any other upgrades I should be looking to get ASAP? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I like your list, but it is very unorthodox. The Gunslinger and Punk Zombie are interesting choices. I think they're fine in games where your opponents need to come to you but Wk4 is still really sad when you're spending 7-8ss apiece. At least the Gunslinger is ranged I guess.

I would try avoid Dead Rider unless you already own him and don't want to invest in another big hitter. He's can be 'ok' with Nicodem but is often said to be very underwhelming with other masters, Seamus included. I can't imagine he does a great deal for Sybelle or Belles. Rogue Necromancy has always served me well when I have Doxy/Belle support. How do you feel about RN instead?

First of all: what other models do you have?

Anyway, instead of gunslinger or punk zombie you can take some upgrades on seamus (red chapels killer is a stample for every player I know) and a necropunk maybe? He's often guaranteed 3 VP from claim jump/leave your mark. What about copycat killer? In low model-count games he sometimes can work against you, because he is an insignificant peon, but on the other hand he deals obscene amount of damage and can take down your opponents low df enforcers with ease.

I own most Ressur models as well as a couple of other factions stuff notably I do have performers / kill joy that are options. Bout the only major Resser models I'm missing are necropunks. Have dogs and the lost kid guys (blanking on their name) that I've heard work pretty well with Seamus crews. Also have Yin who I'm sure will find a spot once Seamus is in the crew, though might be worth a look now as well. 

The league starting is 35 SS arsenal with only 1 upgrade purchasable to start and with henchman leading the crew. I do plan to run CCK and Seamus with upgrades when we reach that point. 

Punk and Convict being slow hasn't been a big issue so far, the take the lead and lyres can allow me to start up to 8" forward with one on the first turn usually as needed. 

Rogue Necro is a good beater but only while healthy and I've used it a fair bit recently, that's mostly why I plan to field the Rider, and I've had the rider awhile and barely touched it. Also like the idea of my little helper on the rider quite a bit.

i feel most of my issues with Seamus I've had are low damage output minions which is why I went with Convict and Punk in an effort to get around that issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you can swing it I would take Yin. Yin is only 2SS more than the Punk Zombie, and with Sybelle's Terrifying and her force to attack ability, Yin's Gnawing Fear can do a lot of harm. And it's a (0) so you're going to be able to beat on things, too. Plus, she's pretty durable, giving [-]s on Attack and Damage flips. 

I know you'd like to take sybelle, but maybe lead initially with Toshiro. He can give your punk zombies fast and his aura is nice to buff your crew. He's also fairly strong in combat. Hire sybelle the first week and then complete a bounty to have Seamus and copy cat killer. If you give toshiro the upgrade he can also summon which could be a nice addition.