Collodi vs Perdita

Corwin

I have a game coming up that is the last game in a fixed master league. I always struggle with table quarters and with Perdita. Every game I have seen him play has Perdita, Francisco, Papa loco, and a peacekeeper. Fill the rest with various others. So far what I was planning on bringing 

50 SS Neverborn Crew

Collodi + 7 Pool

- Bag of Props (1)

- On Wings Of Darkness (1)

Marionette (3)

Marionette (3)

Marionette (3)

Marionette (3)

Spawn Mother (9)

- Hexed Among You (1)

- The Mimic's Blessing (1)

Silurid (7)

Waldgeist (6)

Hodgepodge Effigy (4)

Brutal Effigy (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

The game will be corner deployment Strategy- interference

Schemes- Claim Jump, Dig Their Graves, Accusation, A Quick Murder, Last Stand

I was going to try for claim jump and accusation unless Nino is around then it will have to be a Quick murder. I realize I will be just about giving last stand away but I'm not sure that can be helped. Any advice out there for this game would be appreciated

Actually, I'd drop the Spawn Mother (I guess you are aiming at Gupps --> Claim Jump...but for 11 points it's very expensive for what it does) and the Silurid (I wouldn't use Hexed among you to put him up further the board acually. You can also walk there, as Claim Jump starts on the second turn)

I'd go for the Mysterious Emissary instead of the Spawn Mother (10p) and a Stitched (Creepy Fog, when it dies, you get Scrap to summon off of), that leaves you with 2 points for another Upgrade on Collodi.

You seem a bit overkill on schemers and light on damage for keeping a quick murder as a possibility. With the kind of out-activation you can likely expect to have you could get a beater with mimic's blessing instead of the spawn mother and kill of the squishy family models to deny last stand and the strategy. I'm not sure you need to or would even want to deploy from the shadows against a killy Perdita crew.

Nino goes down to just about any attack so just have away to kill him instead.

18 minutes ago, Corwin said:

Spawn droped, is the mysterious enough of a beater or should I try to fit something else in as will. Would you drop the hodgepodge for a stitched?

Stiched are pretty amazing in my eyes. What is your plan for Hodgepodge?

You can take the Brutal for Healing and take a different Effigy for another job, i.e. Shadow for the marker drop (then again, you have Collodi, that shouldnt be a problem). Effigies are solid 4SS minions, I'm not sure...actually, I'd take the Arcane instead.

The Emissary is not much of a beater, he's OK. You could go for a Doppelgänger 1000Faces. You can swap that for Retribution's Eye if you see a Peacekeeper.

Well, I'd use something like this:

50 SS Neverborn Crew

Collodi + 7 Pool

- Bag of Props (1)

- On Wings Of Darkness (1)

Marionette (3)

Marionette (3)

Marionette (3)

Marionette (3)

Waldgeist (6)

Arcane Effigy (4)

Brutal Effigy (4)

Mysterious Emissary (10)

- Conflux of Music (0)

Doppelganger (7)

- 1000 Faces (1)

Maybe even exchange the Waldgeist with an Illuminated (-1 stone for Collodi)

7 hours ago, Treehouse said:

True. But you'll want some killing power too. You could still park him in cover. But yeah, I guess I'd try and go with a Waldgeist.

True, if you can get the illuminated stuck in they outperform the waldgeists without a doubt.

An unactivated waldgeist in the same cover gives double negatives to sh and single negatives to charges. Against an illuminated in cover I would assume the Perdita player pushes her with someone and charges for the 3/5/6 damage track. A model in single cover can also be spammed with a Nino hair trigger and you will need to worry about that crow trigger.

Never beaten Perdita, so pinch of salt ->

Waldgeist + Mctavish + Doppleganger with 10k faces can be a powerful combo in interference.

This trio don't counter Perdita herself particularly, she will go through the waldgeist (charge) and Doppleganger (ignore wp duels) like butter, but they can occupy her for a few turns or else they will murder Frank, the peacekeeper and most other things. 

Collodi (I'd take props) can take a ball of puppets and go scheme on the other flank. Perdita has a harder time chewing through these guys with decoy and resummon, and it should have a decent chance to overwhelm her lackeys if she goes for the other flank.

Having something capable of hitting the backfield is really handy vs guild - austringers, nino, queeg need to go. Silurids can do this okay-ish, Coryphee are a nono vs perdita, marionettes work well to buy time.  

perdita is one of those masters like lady j and levi that you're going to expect them to just annihilate one of your models each turn. You just have to mitigate those losses and try to counter the rest of the team. Waldgeists and stitched will give you sources of cover and durable models. The stitched can really put out some damage, but will require some movement shenanigans to pull in enemy models. 

I've had a bit of success using beckoners to pull in family models after they activate, since collodi can use my will to do that at a [+] After that you can drop them one by one

I played this last night lost 8-6. It was a very close game tied until turn 5. His crew was not what I expected. He had 50 SS Guild Crew

Perdita Ortega + 4 Pool

Two upgrades anti cover one and something else.

Enslaved Nephilim (3)

Francisco Ortega (8)

- Wade In (1)

Executioner (9)

- ready to work

Papa Loco (7)

Guild Austringer (6)

Pistolero De Latigo (5)

Guild Hound (3)

Guild Hound (3)

Guild Hound (3)

Using crewfaux I realise he cheated a couple stones but oh well. On the way there I tossed between a slurid or the dople and went with the slurid. I took a quick murder and accusation he took quick murder and dig their graves. Last activation of turn one Collodi half killed his executioner having him half kill the pistolero in prosses with the trigger. Won initiative went with Collodi first finishing the executioner of. His first went with Perdita stoning each shot to get around music's blessing (this is where the extra stones he took would have changed the game) and took it out with her 3 shoots, with the help of papa's Dynamite. Turn 3 with Collodi i walked up hit papa did 3 and got the trigger and made him drop some dynamite killing him and two of the hounds then accused his austringer not realising it didn't have an melee either. He didn't realise neither  did Collodi until my Waldgeist could move up and engage it, but it has a push to get away and got rid of it. My slurid moved in his quarter to engage his pistolero and the hounds claiming that one but the pistolero escaped cheating a 13 claiming that quarter back.  End of turn both get another for interference making it 5-5. Top of 4 my slurid leaped then accusing the pistolero and the hound. The pistolero hurt but failed to lol the slurid, then the hound red jokered on damaged taking it out and reclaiming that quarter. Francisco did his little place then push thing getting Perdita unengaged with my tree denying me that quarter. End of 4 he got interference I got accusation 6-6. Turn 5 all I have left is a Marionette hiding in one quarter claiming it, my Waldgeist and Effigy on either side of Frank. He gets initiative for the first time with a 13 vs my 1 starting with Frank killing my Waldgeist for dig their graves and leaving me out of range to accuse anything. He also got his last point for interference ending 8-6. The two deciding parts were hound RJing  my slurid and winning initiative so I couldn't accuse Frank.

• Like 2

Sounds like a fun game! Too bad about playing downa couple of ss. Francisco iw usually a good priority for killing but qhen you need to kill so much other stuff it gets tricky. Sounds like you had a solid priority.

Did you regret the waldgeist instead of the illuminated or did it perform to expectation?

I am extremely happy with how the Waldgeist did, his 4 inch engagement with perfect camouflage had him stay around he even managed to slow Frank turn 4 so t5 he could take accusation off easy then he got initiative so it did not matter. As tough as they are I think the illuminated would have melted a lot faster