Kaeris, Amina, and Emissary?

retnab

Hey all, so I'm surprised that this didn't really click with me before, but is Amina combined with the Emissary's Flaming Conflux good synergy?  Amina can tag an enemy with Liable so they can't attack injured models, and if you bring a bunch of Minions then they can take a point of damage to do a Burning on an attack and become immune to attacks from that enemy model.  Since it's with Kaeris too, you could bring Purifying Fire to heal up those models at the start of the turn and do it all again next turn.  Has anyone tried something like this?  I really want to see if it works!

If you can guarantee the trigger being met, it could work really well. I've used a similar approach in Ironsides (HPM really helps with getting target number and suit).

What I typically lean towards with Kaeris and Flaming Conflux is a construct-oriented crew with Bleeding Edge Tech so that all those self-harming constructs regen a little at the start of their activation, then dent themselves to cause burning. Powered by Flame takes it even further on the burning. I like the idea of using Amina to shut down a beater for a turn, but you're relying on your opponent being affected by your conditions with their big beater (or two). Numb to the World, for example, will wreck your plan. So far, because Amina's not out as a model, very few people in my local meta anticipate her, so they don't often have something that's a hard counter to her--but she's also tricky to use.

Note: immunity to conditions will also wreck the burning plan as well, unless you're ignoring said immunity in some way *cough*.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spooky_squirrel said:

Note: immunity to conditions will also wreck the burning plan as well, unless you're ignoring said immunity in some way *cough*.

It's always nice to have a reason to take the Eternal Flame!

That does make sense, Ironsides and Amina seem to go together amazingly.  Maybe taking a handful of Fire Gamin and BET as a front line the enemy beater can't attack might work?  Maybe I'll give it a shot when I can.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, retnab said:

Hey all, so I'm surprised that this didn't really click with me before, but is Amina combined with the Emissary's Flaming Conflux good synergy?  Amina can tag an enemy with Liable so they can't attack injured models, and if you bring a bunch of Minions then they can take a point of damage to do a Burning on an attack and become immune to attacks from that enemy model.  Since it's with Kaeris too, you could bring Purifying Fire to heal up those models at the start of the turn and do it all again next turn.  Has anyone tried something like this?  I really want to see if it works!

Well Liability needs you to activate first with Amina, and hit the trigger. Then if all your models are injured, that model can't attack, but it isn't as strong as paralysing, and you need the activation order to go your way. And if you are healing your models, then they might not be injured, so making them targetable again.

I think its a nice effect, but I don't think is an effect I'd build a crew about.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bengt said:

To me Liability feels like a panic button to stop the opponent from finishing of a tough model he has been focusing on with several models already. Using it as pseudo paralyse would be too much work for me. :P 

That's what I've found. So far I've only even once (and for only one turn) managed to make it so that my opponent's beater could not target anything wounded and could not declare anyone other than Amina as a target for attack actions (and she was wounded in Turn 1 by a Malifaux Raptor for HPM). What I've found is that my opponent is most concerned about my turning their models into insignificant peons over the course of a game. Peons don't score positioning strats/schemes, and they cannot interact. In cases like Hunting Party where the opponent took an anti-HP crew (all enforcer+ with a token minion/peon that's going to hide in a corner), if I turn three of their enforcer+ models into peons and kill them with my own enforcers, I get to score even though they built their crew to prevent that.

It puts a lot of work on Amina, and I've tried that a couple of times with mixed results. So far the best result I've pulled with her is using her (0) to screw up opponents in strategies like Extraction and Guard the Stash. It's also something to do to a super-beater in Collect the Bounty to make it so that they cannot count the points. Nekima, Howard Langston, Yasunori all come to mind. To Collect, the killing model must be a non-peon.