Titania's Elite Murder crew?

Ergonomic Cat

I find that I enjoy theory-crafting with Titania far more than any other master so far.

Queen's Champion is the biggest thing that's eluding me - it just feels like such a trap, in that it has very specific conditions.  I worry that it forces too much on the crew to make sure it gets on the right model, in a similar vein to a grow list - that you'll spend too much time trying to get the right model in the right place and getting the kill, so that you can, on subsequent turns (somewhere between 2 and 3 of them, most likely) be awesome.

So I started considering ways to minimize that issue, and began to put together this framework - it would be good for schemes and strats that are focused on either killing or area control - it's intended to be a crew that makes things dead, and, as an outgrowth makes certain areas of the board #Ours.  The easiest way to minimize the enforced restrictions seems to be have a crew that is basically all valid targets.  

Titania (2ss)

+Queen's Champion 

Lazarus (11ss)

Mature Neph/Teddy (12ss)
+1k Faces (probably for FgF)

Mr. Graves (9ss)
+1k Faces (probably for Malifaux Provides)

An Autumn Knight/Lilitu/Beckoner for Lures (7ss)

It's 41 points, so add a small critter or two, or more upgrades, or a bigger cache, or upgrade the melee beater to Nekima.

You're losing activation control pretty severely, but that's inherent in an elite crew.

First turn is generally moving your Lure up and either pulling Lazarus or the melee beater up or pulling a good target in and using Graves to push the killer best suited in to range for a shot or a charge.  Ideally one of the two can get a kill that turn, giving you 4 turns of Queen's Champion on them.  I'm imagining Lazarus starts it off, and either succeeds in the kill, getting QC, or weakening something enough that the melee beater finishes it off.

Alternatively, Graves can go in Turn 2 and either throw a target back or, if he gets lucky, make a kill.  Graves isn't a terrible QC target, because he'll be tough, and can use Malifaux Provides to heal up.

Then whoever has the upgrade can go on a murder spree (ideally targeting ranged or support) while the rest of the crew picks an area of the board (ideally the one the scores VP) and gives the traditional kung-fu movie "come at me" gesture.  Small critters run schemes or remove markers as needed.

It's not a traditional Malifaux style, but I'm curious how it would play out.

I feel like it goes well with a number of GG2017 strats and schemes - Extraction, Headhunter and Collect the Bounty are all reasonably easy with this cew.  Eliminate the Leadership, Dig Their Graves (with Titania providing markers), Frame for Murder, Show of Force, Hunting Party, Search the Ruins, A Quick Murder and Last Stand all seem highly doable.

Sounds nice, but as you said, feels like a trap still. So many things have to go right to get returns for your "investment", and you also have to set things up. I'm personally not a fan of such things in games, but prefer flexibility (even if it sounds vague).

But, let us know how the games go. Don't know if I'll try Queen's Champion myself anytime soon though. 

1 hour ago, marke83 said:

Sounds nice, but as you said, feels like a trap still. So many things have to go right to get returns for your "investment", and you also have to set things up. I'm personally not a fan of such things in games, but prefer flexibility (even if it sounds vague).

But, let us know how the games go. Don't know if I'll try Queen's Champion myself anytime soon though. 

Yeah, I know.  I'm gonna give it a few tests when the right pools come up (maybe I can get lucky and hit a close deployment) and see, though.  Maybe it's great!

I've been using the mature Neph recently and have found that just moving him forward early lures the opponent into the trap that there stuff is safe. Then go with Titania and (if you have a good Ram in hand) use the ram trigger off Bloody Command to push the 'beater' up and let the beater get an attack.

twice off that I've managed to get the trigger for Charge Through off the neph allowing him to charge a whole new victim. All off 1ap of the queen.

• Like 1