Damage Order

simplex409

Question

Hi folks,

Quick rules question. An enemy with, say, 3Wd activates while standing between and Alp and a Sorrow.

He fails his Wp and gets slow from Smother so the Alp deals damage with Feed on Dreams while the Sorrow deals damage from Life Leach and from Misery, right?

In what order is this damage dealt?

Thanks guys :)

5 answers to this question

The controller of the Alp and the Sorrow can decide whether to resolve Life Leech or Smother first, because they have the same timing and neither is the active model. It would also seem like it is impossible to tell whether Misery or Slow is applied first, so I would be inclined to say the controller of the models gets to choose that as well.

11 hours ago, solkan said:

Misery specifies "after resolving the current Action", so as far as I can tell it can't cause damage outside of an Action.  For example, AP Wp duel at the start of activation step.

If those words referencing "the current Action" mean something else, or aren't supposed to be both limitation and timing, then there's a few FAQ entries missing.

There are quite a few FAQ entries missing and that should come as no big surprise.

Misery specifies "after resolving the current Action", so as far as I can tell it can't cause damage outside of an Action.  For example, AP Wp duel at the start of activation step.

If those words referencing "the current Action" mean something else, or aren't supposed to be both limitation and timing, then there's a few FAQ entries missing.

58 minutes ago, solkan said:

Just because it's given a timing in regards to actions doesn't mean it can only happen as a result of an action. This has come up before with models dying that don't get removed and actions/abilities that give a timing of before the model is removed.