The Dark Powers - Story Encounter - Northampton 28th August

Clousseau

Cheers for running things, Dave. I think I can hand on heart say that was the most fun single day of Malifaux gaming I've had yet. Thanks to Joel, Lee and Mike for great games and, no offence to Joel or Lee, but the highlight was playing Mike when he was in such high spirits and serenading the room with his singing.

• Like 1

Awesome event thanks again for running. I hope we get another one soon! Thanks to not only my opponents but all that attended, great atmosphere and lots of fun, it really felt like mates getting together and just playing games, a perfect faux day.

Feedback wise I think you would aim for slightly longer play times which would be great just to have a little more time to be social. I really enjoyed the blind deployment, please use it again.

With the big monster (possible spoilers ahead if Dave runs this event again) - maybe remove the jokers text on the card and replace with may only declare charges. This will stop the defender from hiding him at the back of the board and will mean that the attacker won't be able to kill the model so easily. 

It would also be a lot of fun (I think) to try out one of the 3 or 4 player scenarios or maybe even drop in a round of doubles. 

Really looking forward to the next one.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback.

As you are aware time was extremely tight on the day, and I wouldn't do that again. I think that 2 hours at least is needed for stories, especially where there is material to read.

Big monster was straight off the card and no time to test it out. Connor did seem to kill it quickly, and one table didn't even manage to get it onto the table!

Will look at running something locally in MK, and Mike and I are talking about running one at Wayland early December.

• Like 1