Outrunning (or outwalking) the raptors

GamerCr0w

You are faced with guild austringer, he is 20 yards from you and you have heard how deadly the raptor he is accompanied can be. He sends the majestic bird at you and now you only have 9 turns before it gets you..... wait what? 

So... In the Fate master's almanac (page 137) Austringer's raptor has some peculiar stats with Walk 1 and Charge 4. Meanwhile the Raptor from Into the steam (page 225) has Walk 6 and Charge 7. Do austringers feed their birds too much or has there been an mistake?

This also has ruined the image I have of the Austringers in Malifaux, instead of raptor taking off and striking from the sky, I now see them walking to enemy at leisurely pace like a pigeon would.

2 hours ago, GamerCr0w said:

So... In the Fate master's almanac (page 137) Austringer's raptor has some peculiar stats with Walk 1 and Charge 4. Meanwhile the Raptor from Into the steam (page 225) has Walk 6 and Charge 7. Do austringers feed their birds too much or has there been an mistake?

This also has ruined the image I have of the Austringers in Malifaux, instead of raptor taking off and striking from the sky, I now see them walking to enemy at leisurely pace like a pigeon would.

Many of the stat blocks from the Fatemaster's Almanac are being updated and fixed as we get to them, for reasons just like this!

Use the Raptor stats for Austringer raptors for now. When Into the Bayou comes out, you'll get stats for the (better trained) Austringer Raptors. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

I don't even really see the need to use the Wk and Cg stats of a raptor. It's going to be in your face pretty much instantly anyways if you think about it realistically.

For abilities that require Wk or Cg stats it would be nice to have representing values. With destiny steps quite weird stuff can come up, like Lure or other abilities from Malifaux.