Rogue Necromancy and Pack

Sholto

Question

Quick question. I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I have never seen anyone play it like this.

Pack is a 1ss Upgrade exclusive to the Rogue Necromancy. It reads:-

"Hunting in Pairs:

When this model has the opportunity to move due to the Stalked Condition, a friendly model within 6” may immediately take a Walk Action."

Is there any reason why the RN cannot use the Upgrade itself, and effectively take two Walk actions when the Stalked Condition goes off?

12 answers to this question

Strictly RAW I would say the friendly model would have to move first, as once the RN has moved the opportunity to move has been taken. But I wouldn't call someone on it in a tournament!

In regards to Sholto's question, precedence has been set with the use of the words "Other friendly" etc... so I'd be inclined to say it could target itself 

I'm a Ressur player, so I'm horribly biased  ;)

I think Pack is almost an auto-include, since 1ss for a free Walk on a friendly model most Turns is a real bargain. Using it to Walk a model other than the RN would still be my preferred option, since otherwise the RN risks getting isolated in the middle of the enemy crew, but it's nice to have the option :)

I'm pretty sure this upgrade is going to need FAQ or errata at some point. List with 4 Rogue Necromancies and 4 Pack upgrades is going to take 20 extra walk actions per turn. That is bound to break the game in some way.

The action says "one opposing model with the stalk action..." So even if 4 stalked enemy models moved in there activation every turn, you'd only get 8 walks out of it, and each RN could only use it once.

The action says "one opposing model with the stalk action..." So even if 4 stalked enemy models moved in there activation every turn, you'd only get 8 walks out of it, and each RN could only use it once.

Only one can do take the walk action from stalked condition, but all models with the stalk action have the opportunity to move until one of them actually does. I'm not saying this is the only possible interpretation here, but I'm seriously confused as to what this upgrade is meant to do, because it talks about opportunities instead of moving.

Distinguishing between the "opportunity" and the ability to actually move a model is clearly silly in this case. Only one model gets to move due to Stalked - you choose which one gets that opportunity.

Nothing stopping the Necro moving twice, though (I'd say pretty clearly a missed "other"). PACK OF ONE.

• Like 1

I agree - I think if this had been spotted in Beta it would probably have earned an "other" addition. Doubt it is serious enough to FAQ. If someone wants to slingshot their RN 10" fine - there are plenty of slingshots in the game and this one is no worse than the others, and has all the same risks.