OrderOfTheGash's painted models

OrderOfTheGash

Hello everyone, I have been playing Malifaux for awhile, and have been on the forums checking out everyone else's models I figured it was time to load some of my own.  I am hoping to get a little better so any comments or critiques are welcome.

med_gallery_22934_86_1342088.jpg

This is the front of one of the first models I did from the Malifaux range and still one of my favorite models, and the one that got me into Malifaux in the first place.

med_gallery_22934_86_1308238.jpg

And here's the back.  Let me know what you guys think.  I will have a few more to put up later.  Thanks alot.

Thanks a lot, it was a lot of various washes and line highlighting.  I will have to try and see if I can get some better pictures up and avoid all of the weird shadows.  If anyone has any tips too that would be great.  I have a bunch of projects at home that need to be painted so anything that could help would be awesome.

Well I tried something new for the first time last night and I was wondering if some of the more talented painters on here could take a look and tell me what you think.  I found a tutorial on the Bushido website about painting tattoos and thought I would give it a try.  I think both my technique and freehand could use a lot of practice.

20140325_192346.jpg

My only critique is that the flesh seems very monotone, I think you could easily resolve that by giving it a wash. I often use GW's Shades, Agrax Earthshade or Reikland Flesh seem to work very nicely. Agrax Earthshade is a darker brown and Reikland flesh is more of a red/brown (probably the better of the two for flesh). I think something along those lines would really help add definition to the Executioner. I am by no means the worlds greatest painter however I think a darker wash on the chest hands round his waist and face will really make him pop. 

However I LOVE the Aboms and D-Engine though, they look fantastic! Nice work! I agree with zfiend, they have a really cool comic book villain kind of theme going on with their skin. Two thumbs up! As a slight change, do you think it would be worth changing the colour of the D-Engines teeth? Maybe it's the picture but they look the same colour as the skin. Perhaps a nice gritty bone colour would help define them a little more?

Once again, keep the pictures coming, I shall watch eagerly in anticipation. Keep up the nice work!  :)

Thanks there is a wash on the Executioner but it may have been buried by trying to get the skin smooth on his stomach, and I am not good at taking pictures haha.  I will have to try to thin down some washes and redo his skin tone.  

As for the Desolation Engine his teeth are a bone color, I think they are bleached bone with a devlan mud wash and then line highlighted back up with the bone, but i agree they are very close to the skin tone in the picture, another wash might not hurt them either.  

Thanks for the advice everyone.

As for the Desolation Engine his teeth are a bone color, I think they are bleached bone with a devlan mud wash and then line highlighted back up with the bone, but i agree they are very close to the skin tone in the picture, another wash might not hurt them either.  

Thanks for the advice everyone.

It's probably just the picture then. I must admit I'm not great a photo's either. It doesn't matter which side of the camera I am it never ends well! Now that you mention it after a real close look they are slightly different colour but it still it very similar to the skin tone. If you were to change the teeth on the DE personally I'd try to either brighten them up with a white highlight or maybe as you suggested give them a wash. Another idea would be to use some sort of bloodied effect to make it look like he's just gorged on something. 

Thanks for the advice I will have to look into fixing it and possibly figuring out how to take some better pictures.  I have a few more to share, they are not Malifaux but some conversions and paint jobs I have done for my Chaos 40k army.

20140326_071734.jpg

These are one of my Terminator squads built out of necessity by not having legs, but i think they turned out pretty good.

I did'nt like the daemon prince models that GW had for my Emperor's Children army so I decided to convert my own

20140326_0718261.jpg

And the last one I have is a couple pictures of one of my land raiders, which i bought in bad shape and decided to try to save it.

20140326_071859.jpg

Here is a close up of the organ front.

20140326_072012.jpg

And the back of it.

20140326_071945.jpg

Hopefully I can figure out how to get some better pics of more of my Malifaux stuff to post this weekend.  Thanks for checking them out.

I like your Daemon Prince. It's an interesting take! I must admit the GW plastic kit doesn't really suit my Warriors of Chaos Nurgle army very well but being pretty useless with Greenstuff I bought one anyway. 

The Land Raider also looks pretty cool, you'd never be able to tell it was banged up. I love how you've mixed in some Sisters bitz in there and the Organs at the back really give it a nice Slaanesh feel. 

Thanks, i got the idea for the land raider from a Hellraiser comic with a big organ made of bodies and thought it would work for Slaanesh feel.  And yeah the GW kit just doesnt really have the Slaaneshi feel for a daemon prince in it, or Nurgle like you said, and the actual Nurgle prince model would probably look a little out of place in a warriors of chaos army.  Thanks for the feedback.

I figured I would post one more picture for a little while since I will be out of town all weekend and won't be able to finish anything...hopefully next week i can get some more stuff done.  But here is Leveticus.

med_gallery_22934_86_1918901.jpg

Hey everyone its been awhile since I have posted anything, I was out of town this last weekend so I didn't get much time to paint anything.  But I have been back it the past couple nights so hopefully I can get some stuff posted tomorrow.  I am going to embark on an ambitious project and try to finish all of the models I have in one faction so I can hopefully take them to tournys this summer.  So be prepared for an  influx of neverborn models coming soon haha.  And wish me luck that I can stick with this motivation I seem to have found all of a sudden.

So as promised I thought I would post some of my neverborn.  Most of them are not all the way done right now, they just need some shading and highlighting but they are getting there, so let me know what you think.  First here is old school Teddy.

20140404_070149.jpg

And a work in progress shot of his big brother.

20140404_070454.jpg

Let me know what you think I might put up some more before the end of the day today.