slop haulers, wait, or get them now?

flindo

You could always use both! Seriously, Sloppies are amazing enough that having four in a crew wouldn't be silly. Plus, the metal sculpts are some of the very best Gremlin sculpts, IMO. Very characterful and fun.

BUT, if you're going for 100% (or close to that) plastic that means that you probably haven't gotten any Gremlins yet, so I would probably wait until the first box is released, check the then-current release schedule and then make an informed decision.

:)

The metal slop hauler that have the buckets  over his shoulders is one of the best gremlins there is, I really have my doubts that they can make it better. So I would definitely buy the metal ones- besides when they are all painted no one will know which are plastic or metal :)

Have to say, they never see the table for me. Not saying they're bad, just never have the stones left over and have never missed them. Maybe it's just my play style though?

Do you feel you're lacking healing in your crew? Will the Haulers be able to keep up with the rest of your crew with your play style? 

For me nothing less then two will do if they hit the tabel. They are 100% better now then they where in ME1,5! I mean, thier healing ability is a (2) action now instead of a (all), they got reckless and boyou twocard!!! <3

They can heal them self now. And making thier healing to a AP cost of (2) makes all the differce! They can reckless up the bord 4" and have 3" range on thier healing. If they fall behind you can skipp healing one turn and move them 12" up the bord with reckless. And being abel to cheat from your deck when you flip a week card and need 2 or more wounds to be full is just awsomness!

And if you don't need them for healing they can always debuff your opponents DF down to 4. If you shoot on you own model and cheat/flips a tomb, they can't escape the blast marker.

Then you open fire with your gremlin gun line, and attack with sh4 against df4 that has an inbuild ram thanks to lennys aura. And a other of lennys aura makes all you gremlin take 1 less damage, regardless its source, making it easier for you other slop hauler to heal them back up.

I cud go on forever... But i guess I've made my point, that I love them and that 5ss is way to small cost for them if you look on all the stuff they can do.

I'd take one and no more. I find they fit really well I Som'er lists that tend to be fairly static in how they move or have plenty of guys to heal anyway. I think one of our greatest strengths as a faction is our innate speed, something that is lessened by hunkering up near a healer.

However in some lists (Ophelia Deathball for example), it's basically a requirement.

But the brilliant thing about them is that they don't need to be healbots that tie you down. I'd pay 5SS for a Reckless, Bayou Two Carding Tossed Slop engine even if they had no healing abilities at all. Try this: make an opposing model Appetizing, Companion Francois, charge and see him pulverize, well, anything. Even Masters die to that sort of thing.