Marker Generator

Here is a trial version with the option to set marker size. 20mm seemed a bit small, so I added 25mm as well.

Note that only one size is allowed on the sheet at a time. If anybody has an algorithm for placing/packing objects of various size that I can implement, please let me know ;-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New trial version: Malifaux Marker Generator v8.

This time I added the possibility to have different sized markers on the same sheet. The algorithm is quite basic, so for best results it's best to stick to similar sizes on each row. Also, I tweaked the colors a bit to get more similar to the faction colors on wyrd.com. Last, I fixed up the handling of zooming and positioning, so that an image with different zooming/positioning on a sheet is only included once in the .svg file.

Any comments before I make this version the default?

Something's a bit off with this version, almost all my pictures are either a bit below the space in the marker, or a bit to the side, so that there's a big white space above it or next to it. I just opened the older version and the same pictures fill out nicely.

(Horizontal/vertical adjusting doesn't help)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks better now, though the colour in the ring doesn't fill out completely on my print, the very top of the ring, above the text, there is a (very) small white line, where the colour is missing. I just cut a bit farther in than the black line to get the white spot off but if everyone else has the same issue perhaps the colour ring needs to be tinkered with?

My 20 mm markers have a bit blurry pictures but I assume it's the sixe that causes this, I must admit I haven't checked if it's also blurry with 30 mm, will check next time.

Same picture in a 20 mm, same size, you just see less of it, which makes sense. But what doesn't is it's blurryness. Any thoughts on how to get around that? I like the 20 mm size for conditions etc. but I had hoped for same sharp images as I had with 30 mm. :(

Actually, when I put in the same image as I made months ago, in a 30 mm again, less of the image is put in the marker but blurry. So the new version you have does something different to the images, blows them up a bit and loses focus because of it?

New edit: Just opened (an older one?) which works for explorer, that didn't work with custom colours but the images were sharp! Half way there. :)

I'll try to look into that blurriness. How many pixels does the picture you are using have?

On 2/28/2016 at 9:16 PM, Erik1978 said:

Same picture in a 20 mm, same size, you just see less of it, which makes sense. But what doesn't is it's blurryness. Any thoughts on how to get around that? I like the 20 mm size for conditions etc. but I had hoped for same sharp images as I had with 30 mm. :(

Actually, when I put in the same image as I made months ago, in a 30 mm again, less of the image is put in the marker but blurry. So the new version you have does something different to the images, blows them up a bit and loses focus because of it?

New edit: Just opened (an older one?) which works for explorer, that didn't work with custom colours but the images were sharp! Half way there. :)

Did you mean an older marker generator, or a saved .svg file? If, you are using Internet Explorer, is this version better Version 7 for IE ?

On 2/29/2016 at 6:02 PM, Erik1978 said:

Any chance you know what number yellow has, in that explorer colour system for custom colours?

Do you mean numbers like this #bea940 (Outcasts) or this #d5742a (Ten Thunder)? I don't have Internet Explorer at home, so I would have to check it at work.

Edit: I couldn't recreate the blurriness on 20mm markers, neither with IE nor with Firefox. Maybe you could send me the actual picture you are using by PM or email?

Tip of the Day

The current version of Firefox (44.0.2) is placing the Header & Footer text on top of the (top row of the) markers. A bug report have been sent on this behavior, but until it's fixed you can use the following method to remove the Header & Footer:

1. Select Print from the menu instead of pressing Ctrl+P
  2. Click on the "Page Setup..." button
  3. Go to the "Margins & Header/Footer" tab of the Page Setup Window
  4. Select "--blank--" on all the Header & Footer drop down boxes

Also, to ensure that the markers are printed the correct size, go to the "Format & Options" tab of the Page Setup Window, set Scale to 100% and check that the "Shrink to fit Page Width" option is NOT selected.

Dont know about pixels, I can see it's a 21 KB picture but this same picture was sharp in an earlier version but blurry now. Tried with another picture as well. They were blurry in both 20 mm and 30 mm, and a different zoom. Very strange. Must be just my system then.

On 3/2/2016 at 4:58 PM, Erik1978 said:

Dont know about pixels, I can see it's a 21 KB picture but this same picture was sharp in an earlier version but blurry now. Tried with another picture as well. They were blurry in both 20 mm and 30 mm, and a different zoom. Very strange. Must be just my system then.

Could you check which versions make the picture sharp? You are using Internet Explorer, right?

By the way, which version of Internet Explorer do you use? (Check "About Internet Explorer" on the menu). I'm using version 11.0.9600.18204.