Jacob Lynch Question

So I finally got my M2E book in, and I am now looking at purchasing an crew. I have some interest in the Jacob Lynch crew, but realized he is nearly 10SS under where most of the other ones would be. Looking at what I have for options of buying, I could bring his box set, and purchase the 2 Beckoners. But then I noticed the whole Infiltration Darkened rule. Is that just specifically there so that he can play as Ten Thunders, and still bring Neverborn models with him? Or is he simply restriced to 4 darkened models, period?

It's 4 Darkened from any faction, plus any Darkened from the chosen Faction. Basically, you get to bring up to 4 things you couldn't normally bring.

At the moment, the only non-dual faction stuff is Neverborn (Beckoners, Stitched Together and Depleted). But if there were to be some new Ten Thunders models (or Guild, Arcanist, etc) with the Darkened Trait, then Jakob could take them in a Neverborn list.

Infiltration basically means you can take 4 of that model type regardless of the declared faction of your crew. It basically means Lynch can bring his Beckoners,Depelted and Stitched  into Ten Thunders. Consider Mr Graves and Mr Tannen for the crew. They cost the same as 2 Illuminated and offer a LOT of tricks, support and utility. 

I do have another question actually, concerning this Soulstone Cache thing. So, I can bring an Max of Seven Soulstones in my pool once the games begins to play out. Also each master starts out with an certain number of Soulstones. Can I used the Soulstone Cache on my master to buy upgrades, models, etc? Or are those soulstones specific to being used once the game gets started?

So if you want to use the full 50ss on upgrades and models you would go into the game with the pool of 1. If you want the full 7ss pool you can spend 44ss on models and upgrades and need to leave 6 unspent so you can add those to your pool.

Everyone helping is right, but as an alternate explanation try this:

1. You are alotted a SS total to play at, assume 50 SS.

2. These are different than your Master's Cache. 

3. Your Master's Cache will be added to a SS Pool once the game begins.  The SS Pool therefore will always have a minimum of your Cache.

D.You may spend SS on three things:  Increasing your SS Pool (from Lynch's Cache up to 7 Max), Hiring Models, Purchasing Upgrades.

5. You may not spend your Cache on anything, it must go in the SS Pool (So not like Warmachine).

My recommendation is while you're learning, fill the Pool to full.  That will cost 6 of your 50 starting stones.  You will likely pare that down as you learn what models you play.  If you keep finding yourself finishing a game with the same number of unused stones, try asking yourself if you needed them somewhere and didn't remember them.  If you didn't, chances are you can spend them elsewhere and get more use out of them.

I will never understand why they insisted on using the same name for both the points you use to build your crew and for an actual spendable resource in game. 

I mean the reason is pretty clear from a fluff standpoint.  The soulstones you use to buy loyalty and service and the soulstones that you use to power your abilities in the game are the same physical objects.  

That being said, yes, it can be confusing.  No question about that.