Fire & Ice 3 21/22 June Cranfield UK

Clousseau

Inferno in Bedlam 3, the tournament day, went without a hitch, although as there were odd numbers I ended up playing (but didn't manage a Jimmy).

Well done to Joel for third win in a row, and to Mark & Matt for running him close. Bruno won the painting competition with his Hoffman crew.

Results and a few photos are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lxq9b4vadihi5yj/AAC_alsngo8C1vkmwplZK7r3a

Story encounter day tomorrow :)

[Redacted - sorted face to face.]

Was a great weekend and big thanks to Dave for organising and running.

First set of competitive games for von Schill and 3 great opponents to learn from. Even won a game!

Really enjoyed the story encounter too - my first one! Nekima's encounters with relic hammers will make a story or two - killed by Maria's Taelor flipping triple Severe on a double negative flip game 1, then taking it out on James Winton by killing both Taelor and Johan game 2...

• Like 1

Story encounters went well, main problem was sorting out the winner. Joel & McDoogle were even on every criteria I'd (secretly) set, so in the end it went down to VP with Mark taking it by 1VP. Based around the official Story Encounters we also included Hidden Deployment and the mandatory use of the faction schemes. Basically went well, with a few ideas for improvements for the next one. Any suggestions welcome.

Best painted 40/50mm base model went to Ben Halford with one of his Flesh Constructs.

Thanks to all, including our generous sponsors Simple Miniature Games, KR Multicase and Sarissa Precision.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for a great event today - I really enjoyed it.  A good narrative and three great scenarios were the ideal background for my three games.  My only suggestions for improvements would be schemes based on inidividual leaders rather than just factions ( a la edition 1 & 1.5?) and even different scenarios in a given round - although for both player responsibility must increase for this to be effective!  I for one should have read the story encounters chapter before the day began! Perhaps players should be directed to this before the event.  (Spot the teacher setting homework!)

Thanks to Brooks, Andy and James for three great games.  My only wish was I knew my minis better and gave you all more of a run for your money.

I would definitely come again and am already looking forward to next year.

Nig :)

Thanks for a great weekend. Played 2 club mates, the mighty J-Bomb and had the pleasure of another 4 great guys I'd never played before: thanks to Bruno, Josh, Rick, Ben, Joel and Brooks for 6 highly enjoyable games.

Thanks to the browns: Dave- top henchmen always hosting a top event and particularly enjoyed story encounters and wyrd deployment.

Tim- you always turn up and look beautiful....

Another great day that shows how great this hobby is.