New to Wargaming

Rorik

Hello - I am pretty new to wargaming and stumbled upon Malifaux in a game store in Portland (stumbled upon the game store as well). Have enjoyed painting miniatures for about 10+ years, but have never played any of the games, only having bought minis that I thought looked cool. Figured I might as well start playing, and thought the idea of cards rather than dice seemed interesting. Plan to start with the Viktorias box set, the minis look awesome! The game store I went to had a very small selection of the old minis, and when I came on here and checked out the online store, I didn't see the Viktorias box set available, though the release schedule shows it being released a few months back. Anyone know when it will be available again for sale?

Hello - I am pretty new to wargaming and stumbled upon Malifaux in a game store in Portland (stumbled upon the game store as well). Have enjoyed painting miniatures for about 10+ years, but have never played any of the games, only having bought minis that I thought looked cool. Figured I might as well start playing, and thought the idea of cards rather than dice seemed interesting. Plan to start with the Viktorias box set, the minis look awesome! The game store I went to had a very small selection of the old minis, and when I came on here and checked out the online store, I didn't see the Viktorias box set available, though the release schedule shows it being released a few months back. Anyone know when it will be available again for sale?

The online store always puts up new release a good few weeks after they get to the brick and mortar shops, to give the shops a good head start on sales

Awesome, appreciate it. Looking forward to getting some minis and playing, looks like a lot of fun. Just recently got into Warmachine too, but I need to wait till next paycheck to finish building up that force. Definitely excited about the strategic elements, played Warhammer 40k wayyyy back in the day, and was urged by some people at my local game store not to buy into it as the mechanics have changed a lot since 8 years or so ago. Glad to have stumbled upon Malifaux, blew 90$ or so on paints today, stoked to be back in the hobby scene!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...