Have I gone leaky in the brain pan?

Ok, this is almost embarrassing to have to ask after using so many forums in my life, but how in the nine bloody hells do I use the quote mechanism on this board? I click the quote button on a post to quote it, and it brings me down to the dialog box to make my post, but with no quote written out... Is there some magic trick that I failed to learn? Is it two people in the box the whole time?

Ok, this is almost embarrassing to have to ask after using so many forums in my life, but how in the nine bloody hells do I use the quote mechanism on this board? I click the quote button on a post to quote it, and it brings me down to the dialog box to make my post, but with no quote written out... Is there some magic trick that I failed to learn? Is it two people in the box the whole time?

I think you've got it right.

However, this board is a hyper-modern HTML5 mess, so if your browser isn't fully up to date and with all the javascript/etc settings turned on, the AJAX might not successfully put the quote in the box.

• Like 1

I think you've got it right.

However, this board is a hyper-modern HTML5 mess, so if your browser isn't fully up to date and with all the javascript/etc settings turned on, the AJAX might not successfully put the quote in the box.

By all tht is dark and evil in this world, I HATE you Java! I had to switch to the ugh OTHER browser to get it to work...perhaps today is a good day to die.

While we're on the subject - how do I divide the quote into parts in order to answer to specific points?

In the top left of the fancy WYSIWYG editor panel, there's a icon that looks like a little light switch. If you hit that, then you'll be back in the good old days of BBCode.

Pressing enter or whatnot in the quote just extends the quote box but doesn't cut it.

True.
  • Like 1