Hoffman Power Loop clarification

Tuttleboy

Question

Originally posted in Guild forums:

Power loop says "At the start of a duel, this model may use the printed numerical DF, WP, CA, SH, or ML (ignoring suits) from another friendly model with Power Lopp instead of it's own."

So my question would be- if I power loop in something with a high casting, and use it's printed casting... Does that mean I get to use his casting with no suits at all? Or do I get to use his casting with my inherent suit? 

I think that Power Loop lets Hoffman, or another PL use the printed number from another friendly model and keep the suit on his own card. For example if he Power Loops with Guardian he can borrow the Df from Guardian and be at Df 6 :tomes.

The wording is still totally ambiguous. This comes from using "its own" - there's nothing to indicate whether that means "its own Df, Wp, Ca, Sh, or Ml" or "its own printed numerical Df, Wp, Ca, Sh, or Ml (ignoring suits)", and either one is a valid interpretation.

I was initially in favour of the "replace the entire attribute with the numerical value of the other" interpretation, but now I kinda think it's the other way - replace the number and keep the suits. It needs clarification.

The wording is still totally ambiguous. This comes from using "its own" - there's nothing to indicate whether that means "its own Df, Wp, Ca, Sh, or Ml" or "its own printed numerical Df, Wp, Ca, Sh, or Ml (ignoring suits)", and either one is a valid interpretation.

I was initially in favour of the "replace the entire attribute with the numerical value of the other" interpretation, but now I kinda think it's the other way - replace the number and keep the suits. It needs clarification.

I agree with this. If it was intended to replace the entire stat value of the model, then the ability would probably not talk about printed numericals. It could still use clarification.