Anyone into cardstock terrain/buildings ? (KS inside)

** First, I don't want to offend anyone and don't know if it's ok to talk about companies, even small ones, who are in direct competition with a partner of Wyrd's. If I in any way broke a rule of some sorts, please accept my apologies and remove this post. **

I don't know if many of you use cardstock PnP buildings for your games, but I personnaly love them. Bought a few peices from WorldWorksGames, then Dave Graffam, Fat Dragon Games and Lord Zsezse. Have to say they're all great for what they do.

For those who don't know them, WWG has the most complex models with tons of bits and pieces, but their playable interiors are awesome. DG and FDG are also great with very nice textures and stuff that's generally easier to build. As for Lord Z, he seems to have fewer models, but his Elven Mill is simply out of this world.

Now, I saw last week that Fat Dragon Games is having a Kickstarter campaign for a new set, and seeing the quality of their past work, it is going to be an incredible addition.

So, for those of you interested, here's the link : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/ravenfell-28mm-fantasy-village

They already reached their funding objective and are now moving toward the higher stretch rewards.

FYI, I pledged at Duke level, giving sewers, ruins, watermill, windmill, plus the core sets.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, Tom from Fat Dragon Games added a new stretch goal that I thought might interest players here :

a Steampunk accessory set and layer add-ons for Ravenfell. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/ravenfell-28mm-fantasy-village/posts/742345

516b8d9dec087d022c85db2202a66081_large.j

By the way, they're in the last week of their KS ;)

Some parts will be available sooner, the way I understand it, starting in april. The guy (Tom) has to work on a LOT of stretch goals too, but in the past has delivered what was promised and then some.

If only to get all those stretch goal rewards in due time, I think it is more than worth the wait.

BTW, only 14 hours left for those interested !

I've built a fair bit of the Dave Graffham stuff and it's really easy to scale up to 32mm though his scale is about 30mm by default. His stuff builds well and the layered PDFs are awesome. That said, the default sizing doesn't look too out of place with the malifaux figs if you're not doing interiors, but his gateways and bridges etc are all really nice.

• 3 weeks later...

only problem I can see with this is that it's 28mm scale and malifaux is 32mm if I recall correct

Id argue that misaki is a poor size comparison (she soo spindly it scares me pulling her out of my case). that being said, its quite nicely done and being cardstock if youre printing it out yourself it shouldnt be too hard to slightly alter the scale

• 1 month later...

I find it VERY difficult to find cardstock buildings with the victorian era style or steam-punk. The overwhelming majority are medieval houses or dwarfen things.

I'm looking for small british houses with shops on the front, pavements, canals, street lamps, ...

Here is the style I am looking for :

Victorian-Street-With-Snowdust-Site-Imag

That kind of houses with cardboard would be great (but smaller)

Malifaux+Victorian+%252833%2529.jpg

So for now I'm using the far-west buildings from World Works Games, which also work great with Malifaux.