Misaki Downburst

Bumpasses

Question

12 answers to this question

Since she is the target, wouldn't she be moved the 5"?

Essentially wondering if I can use it to push her and her crew forward.

Since these are friendly models, they can choose to lose the Df13 duel and be pushed correct?

I just want to play this correctly and not end up with an illegal move that ruins the game for tomorrow.

still learning

thanks in advance

-j

Edited by Bumpasses

pick a target.

models within 3" of the target, but not the target itself must pass a duel or be pushed.

then push this model (misakai) up to 5" towards the target.

So, target of the spell will not be pushed.

Models within 3" of the target are pushed up to 4" away from the target model. (you can always cheat fate, but I don't see how you can choose to lose by default here)

Then after resolving all the effects, push misakai towards the target.

All I can go off here is intent, I would assume that if Misakai is caught within 3" of the target, she won't be pushed till the final step.

Even if she was, she would be pushed away 4", then move back towards the target 5".

Anyway, the target of Downburst won't move at all.

All within 3" must move 4" away from the target if they fail the duel.

Misakai then moves up to 5" towards the target, but only if she succeeds in the trigger.

There is no case of Misakai being pushed "towards herself". Not sure where that came from? If for some reason she targets herself, then she won't move at step one. She couldn't move due to the trigger as it requires her to move towards the target (herself) which isn't possible :D

Oh, huh. I get it. It's a tactical action, so Misaki is allowed to target herself.

So you want to use it like a Seismic Punch with a free 5" push at the end.

Clever.

I'm pretty sure that's not the intention, but the rules don't say you can't do that.

I don't think the trigger will do anything, but technically (until this gets errata'd) I think you can do the first thing.

It just has the additional cost that each time you try to do it, you get in an argument with your opponent about it.

Misaki can take disguised and can discard a card to make walk away from you when you walk near her. Downburst self. discard card, maybe walk a few times. now unless that thing has 3" melee she is not getting hit. This is Very intentional. for Misaki.

On the Push to yourself. if you are the target and you must push towards the target aren't you already as close as possible to yourself, so you don't move. Dumb question right. But so is thinking you can push yourself towards yourself.

no it does not need an errata. What it needs is for people to stop trying to make it better than what it all ready is.

I appreciate all the input

but, to be clear

I was mostly looking to be sure I could target Misaki with the downburst, the rest was just wanting to know how to resolve, well the rest of it.

Not looking to cheat

or make her better

Just wanting to play her correctly is all and know her capabilities, so that when I do actually win

its a legitimate win with no rules question's or doubt.

I have had 3 games at this point and been through the rules as much.

Still learning...

-j

Edited by Bumpasses