Perdita Questions

Avon

I’m interested in starting Malifaux and I have a few questions about Perdita that I hope someone can help me with.

1. I’ve noticed that there does not appear to be any recent battle reports with her or much discussion on the boards either, is there a problem with her or the Ortega crew?
  2. What additional models would you suggest to add to her crew at higher SS amounts? Probably facing Viks, Rasputina, and Pandora.
  3. What’s the opinion on the Peacekeeper? That’s one purchase that will be added above and beyond any suggestions. I’m thinking Neon Green (with glitter), flames, and a hinge between the legs and the body. Even if the model is lousy, I can add it in to any “fun” matches.
  4. Thinking about it, I’m pretty much putting together this entire crew so I can move the Peacekeeper down the board, bouncing up and down as if on hydraulics, while singing “Oye Como Va”…sigh. Any suggestions on how to make a Peacekeeper work in a Perdita crew?

Thanks,

Avon

The "family" models are pretty expensive in regards to stones, so you can actually quite easily play high stone games with just her box and upgrades.

However, if you want more "family" you can add Abula Ortega (grandma) and the Latigo Pistoleros (cheap family, but you get what you pay for. As far as "generic" Guild, you can't go wrong with Guild Austringers.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

In regards to the Peacekeeper, it's an expensive beat stick that is both tanky and dishes out good damage in melee and at medium range. As far as it's use in a Perdita crew, I think you would use it like you would a bigger, badder December Acolyte in a Raspy crew: Use the Chain Harpoon to pull enemy models out of cover and into firing lanes for the very shooty Family models. The fact that it dishes out Slow is a bonus.

You could could also just throw him into almost any fight to destroy things himself, as with Armor +2, and Hard to Wound, he can go toe to toe with most, and with Flurry, he is going to be doing up to three 3/4/6 attacks with critical strike baked in, so can kill many models in a single activation.

Lraving him on the centerline to protect the area and eat other scheme markers is also viable.

I think his only real downside is making room in a crew that already has several expensive models.

Edited by Fenton Crack
Spelling

The reason that you aren't seeing many battle reports, in my opinion, is that firstly she was a wave 1 master, and two she is guild. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the guild, but when you come into a game and have the option of playing zombie lords, nightmare summoning kids, a Kung fu mistress of the rails, a pair of scantily clad twins leading a roller derby crew of ronin grrlz, and the like, Mexican gunfighters don't top the list of popularity.

There is nothing wrong with the Ortega crew. Fetid is pretty accurate as far as popularity goes.....there are just so many other crazy things, and 'Dita had heavy work in Wave 1......in Wave 2, there are only a couple models that go with her crew, so she has had much less work.

Fenton was also pretty accurate. They are expensive, and so are their upgrades. You can play 50ss with just their starter box.

That's the only downside to the crew....they work very well together and there is a low model count, so they like to bunch up a bit....which means they don't cover a lot of area....so when they need to interact with areas of the table a lot (Reconnoiter, Squatter's Rights....or schemes like Breakthru or Outflank) they can have a tough time.

If you want to experiment outside the regular Ortegas, then I like the Peacekeeper, the Executioner and the Judge. With the addition of Abuela in Wave 2, you can even make the 'Family'.

The Pistolero will be a great addition to the crew because they are cheaper, and they have great synergy with the crew.

And you cannot buy a new box from here. So people who start new and decide to play guild, will get Lady J or Sonnia first. So it is a bit quiet about the Ortegas.

Other than that Francisco Ortega is like an auto-include for me, because of his own tankiness and the +2 defense ability. Lady J, Sonnia, the judge...all like +2 defense. Perdita with defense 9 is just fun, too.

Other than that you can decide what you want. The judge and Austringers are always good. Guild gards are 4 point models for schemes.

The other family models have a certain tactic (blow everything up or sniping around) and you can decide what you want.

But you can also play the full family and it is very effective.

Just with Santiago I am unsure what to do. He can shoot ok, melee ok and so on...but in the end he is also "only" 7 points and this points he is worth for sure.