Got Advice for a New Player?

Nid Vicious

OK. Still looking to get the M2E rulebook (all out near me and pretty much everywhere I look online too) and looking at the new Guild box set. I'm also loving the Guild Riflemen box because the models look fantastic. I've read a review on the box set, but am looking for any advice on the riflemen. Are they a good addition to that base set of models? Something better? Any help would be appreciated!

One thing to keep in mind during crew construction is that in general just killing dudes won't win a game of Malifaux for you. To go with those riflemen that can stand back and defend stuff you'll won't some models to move up and take objectives/drop scheme markers for you. Toward that idea I really like the Austringer and Death Marshalls.

Going through the Guild recently to figure out what I wanted helped a lot. I think the family has some fairly good models that I haven't had a chance to use yet.

For instance only a few of the M2e book Guild models have extremely long range and even fewer have blast.

I try not to be a power gamer and like to run with a theme first and foremost.

Question I have is what master do you want to run?

• 3 weeks later...

So far, I picked up the Lady J box set along with the Executioner, an Austringer, and the Pathfinder. First crew I want to try out is the box set with upgrades and the executioner. Kind of a whole Judge, jury and executioner theme, but without the jury :)

Got the pathfinder just because the new model looks great, but I thikn I could find some uses and it's at least another option for the crew.

I also don't consider myself a power gamer. I mainly play with friends over beer and pretzels, so I'm more concerned with everyone having fun. Of course that means I won't just roll over either.