Lady justice and upgrades

jace_89

so i just picked up my new lady justice crew (the new plastics are stunning)

and worked out the points value of 30 ss

i wanna bring it upto 35 ss since alot of the crews are about that mark

what i was wondering is it highly suggested to take upgrades? since ill be left with 5 ss to buff em up, because i had the idea of dropping the scales and taking 2 guild guard.

what is everyones suggestions?

For 35 points right out of the box you have a few options. The first and foremost for Lady J is Vendetta as it makes her completely stupid ridiculous killy. After that, Last Stand is a good general upgrade as it let's her ignore terrain (she also always ignores Line of Sight because of Blindfighter, so she can basically always charge anything in range) and allows fellows Guild Marshals to get dragged along in her wake.

Her other 2 upgrades are more tailored specifically for different threats- Implacable for some defense vs shooting, and Justice Unleashed vs Undead/ Spirit opponents.

Last but certainly not least, Badge of Office (it's a general upgrade and isn't included in the cards that come with the set, but in the arsenal deck) makes her very survivable but competes with Vendetta as they are both Limited Upgrades, and can thus only have one. For the Judge Lead Lined Coat is a no brainer as it adds a tick of Armor to him.

So there' s a ton of options, it's just figuring out the numbers as you only have 5 stones to use. That's also not considering any stones spared for Lady J's cache, and believe me you'll want to stones to keep her alive. For general strategy Lady J is more effective as a counter-charger rather than being on point. Whatever she charges she usually kills, it's just keeping her safe after that. The Judge can pull her back and out of combat should she get in over her head, but he's also a good choice to lead the charge in as he is very resilient. When you choose to expand up to 41-50 stones an Austringer is a good idea, as is a Executioner, Franciso Ortega (big defensive buffs if he's close to Lady J!), or the Peacekeeper.

Hope that helps.